Super Deluxe version

• 9 Replies

Offline drummerstu

• I don't have a third dimension
Super Deluxe version
« on: September 14, 2015, 09:24:01 AM »
Did anyone else buy this or was it just me?! Still, the print is cool, number 1 of 300 - now probably rendered worthless as I had to open the thing to get the download code...And why the HD DVD audio? Like anyone can actually play these things in 2015! Love the album though - I think this is probably my second favourite thing he has done after Silverman.

Offline Allison

Re: Super Deluxe version
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 01:21:20 PM »
They are all numbered 1. That is freaking weird. I wonder if some employee didn't change the stamp or they just said f*ck it, make 'em all #1! Ben did say the cost of the print was is more than the whole package.

I still have a DVD player attached to my TV (is that not a thing anymore?) .... so that was no problem.

mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 04:03:45 AM »
Well, technically it's not #1. It's just 1 of 300. There are 300 total, we each have one of those. It makes sense, but it's definitely a misleading.
I do wish the download was flac (or that the dvd had exportable files), but I've, ahem, found a way to make it work out.

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 05:20:35 AM »
I didn't get this version, I got the one of 2000 version and already framed my signed copy of Ben vs Piano in the boxing ring.

Do people seriously not own DVD players anymore? I thought the DVD was still a fairly relevant format for home use.

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 06:45:44 PM »
A little disappointed that the Vinyl-mp3 download didn't include the instrumental tracks.  Kinda bummed me out.

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 10:23:36 PM »
A little disappointed that the Vinyl-mp3 download didn't include the instrumental tracks.  Kinda bummed me out.

Agreed. I'm kinda surprised the DVD doesn't contain the instrumental tracks. That's pretty lame.

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 08:54:54 AM »

I had assumed they would be on there too. Guess they're a vinyl only thing.... which is ok. I listened to them, and it's literally just the regular songs without vocals. I assumed they'd have replaced Ben vocals with some instrumentation taking care of his vocal melodies...they're part of the song!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 09:34:56 AM »
Right now in the process of ripping the vinyl instrumentals into mp3s. This is my first time doing this so I'm hoping this turns out well. I can email them out to whoever wants them or upload it to Google drive later.

Offline AmateurHour1999

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 01:45:31 PM »
dogofthetemple PLEASE send me those when you can!!!!!!! I'd owe you so much:)
I see that there is evil, and I know that there is good, and the in-betweens are never understood!

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 02:21:20 PM »
Here are the tracks in mp3: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2iicW2CogM3ZF9kbk5qUkhnY0E&usp=sharing
I only had access to a low quality player so I recorded them with an av adapter and audacity so the quality is lackluster.  Sorry! This is the first time I've ever attempted anything like this.  If I can find a better way to do this with some help I'll try.