Song premiere: Capable of Anything

• 21 Replies
Re: Song premiere: Capable of Anything
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 06:51:26 PM »
Anyone else notice the difference in the piano parts between this version and the version in the "Meet the Band" video? It's such an improvement! The piano starts loud and gets softer during the phrases, and rings like a bell. Really cool sound. I wonder if Ben was responsible for that production choice? I've never heard him play a piano part like that on any song or recording before. The performance from Bonnaroo is more like the earlier version. I hope the rest of the album gets slick production too.

Offline Sutter

• Blue Skies in Ditmas
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 08:33:39 PM »
Gotta wonder if Phone in a Pool is the best choice for the single? I feel like Capable of Anything and So There are far stronger tracks. I also like I'm Not a Fan a lot, but I don't think it's quite as radio friendly.

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 09:45:40 AM »
I wondered that too, it's got a big fat F-bomb right in the second line of the song, and Capable of Anything is already making the rounds. Even Long Way To Go would be a good single, I feel. But I really like the tune! I guess there can always be more than one single.

Offline Allison

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 01:24:55 PM »
It'll be interesting with New West doing the backing/Publicity what they'll push over what Sony/Epic has pushed for years. I am already humming Pool, Capable and So There pretty routinely without doing much listening except live and the bonnaroo stream. Not that I'm the radio but I think it's important to go for the ear worms.
That being said, the F-bomb never stopped them from pushing Army - then again they didn't really believe in much of Messner when it came to 99 Radio.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 10:19:39 AM »
Yeah, there was a clean version for radio. I wonder if he'll record a different vocal? "Get on with the freaking show" doesn't really fit, but what are ya gonna do.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 02:30:27 PM »
Lead single off WTN - F Bomb
Lead single off RTS - F Bomb
Lead single off TUBORM - F Bomb
Lead single off WAEA - F Bomb

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
Yeah, there was a clean version for radio. I wonder if he'll record a different vocal? "Get on with the freaking show" doesn't really fit, but what are ya gonna do.

At the LA show last month he simply omitted the swear and sang "get on with the show."