World Cafe Live - Philadelphia, PA 5-12-15

• 3 Replies

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
World Cafe Live - Philadelphia, PA 5-12-15
« on: May 14, 2015, 09:09:52 AM »
Hello everyone,

Haven't been here in ages but just wanted to drop a line and say hello.  Saw ben a couple nights ago in philly.

Wanted to note a couple things--
The song he opened with was the original "Ain't Got No Words" which he's clearly been kicking around for probably a decade-- you can hear the original version here: http://www.mp3too.com/download/22703-207166-aint-got-no-words-mp3.html\

The other new songs sound pretty good, "Long Way To Go" being my favorite aside from "Ain't Got No Words" which I should now mention is now called "So There" according to that webiste.

Full Setlist is here:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ben-folds/2015/world-cafe-live-philadelphia-pa-6bc87e8a.html

Didn't stay to meet Ben, part of me wanted to but it was really crowded and I've already interviewed him on the phone once.

Over and out.
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

Offline Sutter

• Blue Skies in Ditmas
Re: World Cafe Live - Philadelphia, PA 5-12-15
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »
He played DCYP? Damn! Wish I could've seen that

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 08:17:57 AM »
Yes, solo. First time I've seen it live I think? Also I just realized "long way to go" was the end of fake "way to normal"... Another reused idea.
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
I think it'll take me a few listens of "Long Way To Go" off the new album before I can take it seriously, always hearing it book-ending such a ridiculous song.  :D