Dublin Feb 2015

• 6 Replies

Offline drummerstu

• I don't have a third dimension
Dublin Feb 2015
« on: December 12, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
show just announced in Dublin on 21 February
http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ben-folds-band-dublin-02-21-2015/event/18004D8ADADE828A?artistid=778058&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Here's hoping for a smattering of UK dates too...
Maybe the new album will be released around then too?

Offline Allison

Re: Dublin Feb 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »
He was talking April for release date. He does tend to like that April slot (or September)
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:27:43 AM »
So its pretty much confirmed that Ben Folds Five is not a constant thing, correct? I'm wondering if the reunion record was "one and done".

Also, this new album.. is this going to be a traditional Ben Folds solo album, or is this the piano concerto?

Offline makiko

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 04:56:34 PM »

It was great to see them again \m/

Ben Folds @ Whelan's, Dublin, Ireland - February 21, 2015
01. Effington
02. Hiroshima (B B B Benny Hit His Head)
03. Rock This Bitch (Gandhi Song)
04. Sentimental Guy
05. Gone
06. Jesusland
07. Alice Childress
08. Zak and Sara
09. Still Fighting It
10. You Don't Know Me
11. Cologne
12. Improvisation (Yellow Song)
13. (new song, excerpt)
14. Happy Clapper (new song from their new album)
15. Bastard
16. Annie Waits
17. Landed
18. Kate
19. Rockin' the Suburbs
20. One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces

Encore:
21. The Luckiest (Ben Solo)
22. Bitches Ain't Shit (Ben Solo)
23. Philosophy
24. Army
25. Improvisation (Yellow Song)

Offline Sutter

• Blue Skies in Ditmas
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 12:07:45 PM »
NEW SONGS!!!   ;D

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 03:30:31 PM »
So its pretty much confirmed that Ben Folds Five is not a constant thing, correct? I'm wondering if the reunion record was "one and done".

Also, this new album.. is this going to be a traditional Ben Folds solo album, or is this the piano concerto?

BF5 is not a constant thing, but they're open to working together again when it feels like they have something to say as a band. So unless that never happens again, it's not one and done - but it's not something we should be marking our calendars by.

From what I'm told, the new album is akin to "Way to Normal" in that it's at least partially or as a whole comprised of songs inspired by various "Rock this Bitch" jams over the years - hence Ben assembling the Justice League once again.

As far as I know, the concerto is either being released as it's own album or as part of the YMusic deal. Don't honestly know much about those plans as that's stayed under my radar.

Offline Allison

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 05:23:51 PM »

BF5 is not a constant thing, but they're open to working together again when it feels like they have something to say as a band. So unless that never happens again, it's not one and done - but it's not something we should be marking our calendars by.

From what I'm told, the new album is akin to "Way to Normal" in that it's at least partially or as a whole comprised of songs inspired by various "Rock this Bitch" jams over the years - hence Ben assembling the Justice League once again.

As far as I know, the concerto is either being released as it's own album or as part of the YMusic deal. Don't honestly know much about those plans as that's stayed under my radar.

Your last sentence is correct it's concerto + yMusic concerto inspired songs on the album we're getting this year. Per the album announcement Facebook post of Ben's.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!