BF5 with Billy Joel in NYC on New Year's Eve

• 1 Replies

Offline Ziggysane

• I'm a llama!
BF5 with Billy Joel in NYC on New Year's Eve
« on: December 08, 2013, 12:56:24 PM »
I know it's been slow around here lately but I can't believe that no one else has mentioned this.  If I wasn't poor and already committed to another event on the 31st (not to mention living in Ohio) I would totally be there.  I don't know if they'll play together or anything, but just the opportunity to see the reunited BF5 while they're still around *with* a marathon concert by Billy Joel is mind blowing.  (I not sure about the marathon part...BJ played a mammoth show for New Year's back in 1999/2000, but that was 14 years ago and the man has slowed down noticeably since then)

On a funnier note, does anyone remember one of those really old BF5 chats/interviews (previously archived on one of the old fan pages) where Ben ragged on Billy Joel for being a know-it-all in his lyrics?  Ben thought it was more interesting to admit you don't have all the answers and write from that perspective.  It could have been 18-19 years ago now if it was near the beginning.

Re: BF5 with Billy Joel in NYC on New Year's Eve
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 07:11:23 PM »
Went to the show the other night. It was awesome! BFF played a 45 minute set before Billy Joel took the stage for over 2 hours.

Here's a set list from BFF, as far as I can remember. Songs may be out of order but I think it's pretty close.

Jackson Cannery
Best Imitation of Myself
Battle of Who Could Care Less
Draw a Crowd
Landed
Sky High
Brick
Narcolepsy (Ben said it wasn't on set list but wanted to play it anyway)
Song for the Dumped
Kate
Underground
One Angry Dwarf