Dallas, TX June 17, 2013
« on: June 17, 2013, 09:20:26 PM »
Pretty good show, even though BF5 doesn't play as many songs as BNL. :P

SETLIST:
1. Michael Praytor
2. Jackson Cannery
3. Selfless
4. Erase Me
5. Uncle Walter (Surprise, and a welcome one at that)
6. Landed (Wish they replaced this)
7. Draw a Crowd
8. Rock This Bitch in Texas (song about Ben being the cause of the death of Wild Boars in Texas)
9. Brick
10. Do It Anyway
11. Philosophy
12. Army

I have video of Praytor, Canner, Selfless, Uncle Walter, and the RTB, I'll try and post 'em later. I dunno how great the quality is or anything, but hopefully it'll do. Guster and BNL were great as well, and so was the opener... Boothby something. Really funny British guy. I remember his setlist off the top of my head so I guess I'll post it as well.

1. I Saw Jesus In My Corn Flakes, What Did He Drink Last Night?
2. I Saw Muhammed In My Corn Flakes, What's The Deal With That?
3. Baseball Playing Spider

All in all, a really great show even if I wished BF5 had more time.

Offline Allison

Re: Dallas, TX June 17, 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 12:56:22 AM »
12. Man. Boo. And yeah, cut the Landed crap. I mean, if you're only playing 11 real songs stick to 11 BF5 songs, in my terribly biased opinion. It was nice last summer not to hear it and hear the guys play things like Uncle Walter, Alice Childress, Jackson Cannery, Underground every night - stuff that Ben wasn't playing on the usual day-to-day basis. Then you add in a whole new record you're promoting and ...
hopefully it'll phase out over the summer. But they did include it for whatever reason on the Live album - and then not Praytor but there it is, opening the set still. Interesting.

THANKS for the set list!!
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 10:47:46 AM »
May be an unpopular opinion, but, while I understood the reason for putting Landed in the setlist for the 2012 tour, even though I wasn't a fan of it, I didn't mind its inclusion on the Live album, mainly because it is a good song, and that's probably one of the most inspired live versions of it out there, even though it's not an original BFF song.  Come at me  :P

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 06:37:20 AM »
man if they had wanted to do a song from ben's solo career they should've done bastard!
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 11:45:14 AM »
For those with dime accounts, the show has been taped: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=454641

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Allison

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 02:19:53 PM »
man if they had wanted to do a song from ben's solo career they should've done bastard!
Nah I got sick of that one too. I remember distinctly saying to Sam in Iowa City - 'i think this was the first show i've not heard bastard at' and he responded he thought it was his first show not playing it at. But it has been years. I know Trusted is an unpopular song overall, but I heard it a few weeks back and was intrigued what Darren and Robert could do to fill that song out. It's got a pretty heavy drum part

May be an unpopular opinion, but, while I understood the reason for putting Landed in the setlist for the 2012 tour, even though I wasn't a fan of it, I didn't mind its inclusion on the Live album, mainly because it is a good song, and that's probably one of the most inspired live versions of it out there, even though it's not an original BFF song.  Come at me  :P
I will agree with you there, it is a good recording, but it doesn't change my opinion that maybe IT should have been the bonus track on the Japanese recording instead of Army. And you can't play the -well we already have a live army on the solo live album, cause we already have OAD and Brick on that release as well. But of course they are quite different with the full band. Which is why I would have liked Army to close out our non-JPN record. That and I'm with David - it's weird for Ben to tease the encore and then the record just ends.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Russ

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 12:09:40 AM »
But they did include it for whatever reason on the Live album - and then not Praytor but there it is, opening the set still. Interesting.

THANKS for the set list!!
Still super bummed Praytor hasn't gotten a look in for the live album. That song is the best song SOTLOTM has! I'd be satisfied if they at least played it live during one of their TV spots or something so I got a nice high quality live recording of it but they keep letting me down. SIGHHH

Can't please 'em all!

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 08:42:25 AM »
I will agree with you there, it is a good recording, but it doesn't change my opinion that maybe IT should have been the bonus track on the Japanese recording instead of Army. And you can't play the -well we already have a live army on the solo live album, cause we already have OAD and Brick on that release as well. But of course they are quite different with the full band. Which is why I would have liked Army to close out our non-JPN record. That and I'm with David - it's weird for Ben to tease the encore and then the record just ends.

Hahah, I thought that was really funny actually.  Kept consistent with the goody sorta vibe permeating throughout the album (like the Draw a Crowd **** up being included).

Offline Deano

• It'll be done when I get round to it....
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 02:59:07 PM »
Boothby something. Really funny British guy. I remember his setlist off the top of my head so I guess I'll post it as well.

1. I Saw Jesus In My Corn Flakes, What Did He Drink Last Night?
2. I Saw Muhammed In My Corn Flakes, What's The Deal With That?
3. Baseball Playing Spider

Boothby Graffoe. Albums available here: http://m04606.wix.com/theboothbygraffoe#!music/c10tw

Those first two song titles could be anything, I've seen him introduce a few songs that way... Random video for anyone interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn4g6RD1sNU

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »
I know Trusted is an unpopular song overall

whoa whoa whoa - apologies for the slight de-railing, but people hate on trusted? freaking love that song.