Change Forum Width
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 10:46:36 PM
+  Ben Folds Message Board - thesuburbs.org.uk
|-+  General
| |-+  News (Moderator: Andy)
| | |-+  Ben Folds Five will release a live album, and tour the U.S. this summer.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Ben Folds Five will release a live album, and tour the U.S. this summer.  (Read 2460 times)
makiko

« on: March 09, 2013, 04:10:42 AM »

Ben reveals in the interview (a radio show on Inter FM, and on the latest issue of Keyboard Magazine Japan) that Ben Folds Five are planning to release a live album. No details yet, but they recorded all the shows of this reunion tour...as always Tongue

They will also tour the U.S. this summer. LA date was announced yesterday.
Last Summer on Earth 2013 - teaming of Barenaked Ladies, Guster and Ben Folds Five Suburbs Rock Hand
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-greek-gibson-2013-concert-schedules-unveiled-20130306,0,4702420.story
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51101471/ns/local_news-orange_county_ca/
http://www.nederlanderconcerts.com/last-summer-on-earth-2013/
Allison
Rent-A-Cop
YaBB God

i will not hold it in

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 10:38:37 AM »

YAY. I could go for reliving my 2012 on record. Suuuure thing. Ben Folds Five Live. kinda a mouthful, but you know, i'm sure they'll call it something smart. . . .  or not. Whatever.
And super yay - tour date. Even if it's one it means there's more to come!

mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

"A spark that's gone is not a spark to mourn, you can't resuscitate a person who was never born."
JordanWysong

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »

Haha, there are so many things I want to see from this tour on that CD. Is it wishful thinking to hope for a multi-disc set? Ahaha...
Allison
Rent-A-Cop
YaBB God

i will not hold it in

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 10:49:41 AM »

here is the official link to the first tour date -  http://www.greektheatrela.com/events/event_details.asp?id=2524

"A spark that's gone is not a spark to mourn, you can't resuscitate a person who was never born."
JordanWysong

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 10:54:39 AM »

Ooh, I just realized I'm going to be vacationing a lot during the Summer... I hope I can make it to one of the concerts at some point. My fear is that if I vacation somewhere they'll play in my hometown and when I return home they'll play where I was just vacationing and so on and so forth. SCARY STUFF HERE GUYS. I NEED TO SEE ANOTHER BF5 SHOW GUYS.
Allison
Rent-A-Cop
YaBB God

i will not hold it in

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 11:24:56 AM »

SCARY STUFF HERE GUYS. I NEED TO SEE ANOTHER BF5 SHOW GUYS.

DUDE. MY THOUGHTS. ENTIRELY. EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE.

Playhouse

Doin' It Anyway!

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 11:15:16 PM »

As good as they've sounded on this tour, I'm all for a live album.

A one-hit wonder with no hits...

Hey, that's Oh-Ned-Er!
JordanWysong

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »

I really want it to be full of stuff they wouldn't normall play live. Like some of the RTB's would be cool. I'd like to hear the one they played at Dallas (the show I went to) in more pristine quality than the bootleg version I have. I'd like to hear Hiroshima with the Five, just because I'm interested to hear how it sounds especially since Robert apparently plays a totally different solo than Jared did. I'd wanna have a good quality live version of "Draw a Crowd" since the whole "so smooth you can hear the beard" sounds so much cooler live because of that one acapella part they do live. I guess Landed would be kinda cool, but I'd be fine without it.

I know they're gonna put a live "Erase Me" on there, which is alright, though I'm not too fond of the live version (I feel they could give it a tune up and it'd be better, but it sounds kinda empty or something right now). I'm totally excited about all this shit happenin' this Summer, though! LIKE OH MY GOD
Allison
Rent-A-Cop
YaBB God

i will not hold it in

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 01:28:37 AM »

Yeah I am really holding an irrational hope for Carry On Wayward Son from Indianapolis.

JordanWysong

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »

Unfortunately, it'll probably just be made up of the favorites, basically like a "Greatest Hits and More" thing, but live. Which is unfortunate, but expected. I wish it would be filled of all the weird unique stuff though. Meh :/
Allison
Rent-A-Cop
YaBB God

i will not hold it in

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 01:48:05 AM »

Unfortunately, it'll probably just be made up of the favorites, basically like a "Greatest Hits and More" thing, but live. Which is unfortunate, but expected. I wish it would be filled of all the weird unique stuff though. Meh :/
Yeah, but I mean, even Ben Folds Live has Silver Street.

JordanWysong

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »

Yeah, but I mean, even Ben Folds Live has Silver Street.

That's true. Would it be too much to ask for a two disc set, disc one being the typical setlist, disc two being all the crazy stuff, and then a limited edition bonus DVD? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK
makiko

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 11:20:24 PM »

Last Summer On Earth 2013 Tour Announce!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-vc92Gc1oc
http://www.lastsummeronearth.com/

JordanWysong

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »

The video was hilarious (although lacked a good bit of Robert and Darren).
JordanWysong

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 02:41:58 PM »

I still am kinda wishing for the Front to Back encore to be released at some point, ahaha.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: