2012-11-14 Fremantle Arts Centre - NOW with full audio!

• 19 Replies

Offline Russ

2012-11-14 Fremantle Arts Centre - NOW with full audio!
« on: November 14, 2012, 04:38:13 PM »
http://youtu.be/RL7gXlUrrlE - Rock This Bitch (friend of mine shot it)

Well that was amazing. I seriously could not stop smiling for the entire concert. The band were great, amazing vocals, Ben was very talkative and funny and even took my song request of Tom & Mary! He also called out which key to play Rock This Bitch in and I yelled out "EFFFFFFFFFF" and so Ben played it in F! And ended up singing about Fremantle and some of the streets he walked down yesterday.

I grabbed Roberts setlist, they didn't play Dwarf or Philosophy. Instead they played Emaline (girl I know yelled this out), Tom and Mary (at my request!) and Rock This Bitch.

http://instagram.com/p/SA3FQqhth-/

They also played Kate in the encore, I don't think Army was in the encore, it was the one before... anyway i'll post the proper set list later once I go back and split up the audio...

Oh, what was that? Split up the audio???? Yes, I bootlegged it! I was right up the front and center, in front of these large speaker stacks that the recorder was pointed at. It sounds pretty good although is a bit more distorted than I would've hoped but it was really loud where I was (plus it was windy) but it's very listenable. I also got footage of SC&C, BOWCCL and Rock This Bitch so i'll sync up the audio and upload those soon too.

It was such a great show, unbelievable. Never thought i'd get to see Ben, Darren and Robert on stage again. Robert was very funny and danced about. He didn't play the synth in Narcolepsy, I think he was having issues with it so he just played the synth part on bass and they had some weird little jam before kicking into the proper "band" jam.

I also met a girl called Sarah who's going to every BFF show in Australia (and I thought I was an uber fan...) so if she reads this, hi!

I'll try and get the audio/video online soon!

-------

Here's a link to my recording of their show!
http://depositfiles.com/files/07g82qwbw

It's mp3 320k. It's a bit distorted and I had to go through and try and manually "normalize" the wave forms so the volume didn't keep going up and down but all things considered, it's pretty good.

Setlist:

Michael Praytor
Missing The War
Hold That Thought
Jackson Cannery
Selfless
Erase Me
Alice Childress
Sky High
Draw A Crowd
Landed
BOWCCL
Uncle Walter
Brick
Emaline
Tom & Mary
Do It Anyway
Narcolepsy
Rock This Bitch
Army
Encore break
Song For The Dumped
Kate
Underground

Offline vosnos

Re: 2012-11-14 Fremantle Arts Centre - Review
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »
Sweet, glad you enjoyed it.  Can't thank people enough for taping these gigs.  Really awesome that they played Tom and Mary again.  If any of you guys overseas can tape some upcoming shows it would be much appreciated!  Can't wait for the audio/video.

Offline Allison

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 12:19:00 AM »
http://youtu.be/RL7gXlUrrlE - Rock This Bitch (friend of mine shot it)

I also met a girl called Sarah who's going to every BFF show in Australia (and I thought I was an uber fan...) so if she reads this, hi!

WHO IS THIS GIRL?? I MUST BEFRIEND HER!!

mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline perthgirl

• Up with this I will not put - Bernard Black
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 01:12:09 AM »
You beat me to it, Russ! And then some! Great gig (SO much better than Ben's solo one of 15-odd months ago) and the Five sounded like they hadn't missed a day.  Better venue for Ben, too.  I bootlegged about 2/3rds of the RTB but the quality is shocking.

And a HUGE thanks to you for yelling out Tom and Mary.  An absolute highlight for me.  That and the Uncle Walter story.

Another highlight:  For those from years past you'll know that it has been my decades-long ambition to hear SC&C live.  Done. 

Huge kudos to Sarah.  That's an airline bill I wouldn't want to see...
It's easy to be easy and free when it doesn't mean anything...

Offline Russ

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 05:59:33 AM »
Oh man, SO much better than Ben Folds solo with the band, though mind you he's only been to Perth once with a band and that was for the Lonely Ave tour, he never brought the RTS/Silverman band out West (unless I was living under a rock if he did) but having Darren and Robert along definitely makes a difference. Darren especially, he's a much harder hitter than Sam or Lindsay and pushes the songs a bit more, I love his playing, he's not as agile around the kit as he used to be but his playing has a lot of character and energy.

Hearing/seeing SC&C last night was just perfect, I've always wanted to experience that one live.

What I loved was the venue... well, moreso the fact BF/F were performing on such a small stage RIGHT in front of me! It was nice not to have to be seated at a f*cking theater, instead I was RIGHT there infront of them, awesome.

God damn I love this band so much!

Offline makiko

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 11:26:28 AM »
Thanks, Russ. I hope they play Tom and Mary again in Sydney or Brisbane!

Awesome. I've forwarded your message to Sarah. I met her in Tokyo, NYC and Melbourne :)

Offline Russ

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
Awesome. I've forwarded your message to Sarah. I met her in Tokyo, NYC and Melbourne :)
Yeah, I got her on twitter now. She told me about how you came all the way from Tokyo just to see them at Harvest... and you're coming back for the other Harvest shows too!

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »
Hi back Russ. 

Makiko, see you tomorrow at the airport. 

;D

Adelaide show tonight. Yay!

Sarah

Offline Russ

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »
Hi Sawa :) Post the Adelaide set list please!

Also guys, i've mixed together the audio/video for SC&C, enjoy it in 1080!

http://youtu.be/mfjDT9mV3RY

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 07:35:13 PM »
No problems Russ - will post the Adelaide set list if no one beats me to it. 

Sarah

Offline perthgirl

• Up with this I will not put - Bernard Black
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 01:52:59 AM »
Russ - agree 100% with your sentiments.  Darren's a better fit for Ben's style of playing than either Lindsey or Sam, for my liking.

Perth did get the RTS tour if I recall correctly (or did I see that on the east coast somewere??), but we got the WASO gigs (18 months apart) instead of anything to do with SFS, before a painful 5 year gap between Aug/Sept 06 (WASO) and last year's show.

Sarah, Makiko - You guys are awesome!  And I hope you have shares in whatever airline/hotels you're using!  Enjoy the remaining shows - I'm extremely jealous ;)

It's easy to be easy and free when it doesn't mean anything...

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 05:38:13 AM »
Perthgirl - thanks.  I followed them around Australia when I was younger, so it seemed rude not to
just because it had been 13 years. 

Allison - ha.  You are too funny.

Russ - set list from tonight posted as a new topic.

Makiko - see you in the morning.

Offline Russ

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
Battle Of Who Could Care Less!

http://youtu.be/s6wyO2boegs

1 more video to go... maybe tomorrow or Monday

Offline Russ

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 11:42:42 PM »
Found some time, here's my "Rock This Bitch"

http://youtu.be/26zYxS309Zo

Full audio to come soon :)

Offline makiko

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 06:32:20 AM »
Russ, thanks for posting them! I really wanted to be there. Setlists of Perth and Adelaide shows are awesome.
And perthgirl, we were talking about you last week! We hope to see you in Perth someday...or in Tokyo :)

Harvest Festival Sydney, 2012-11-17