Ben Folds: "What I Know About Women"

• 24 Replies

Offline TrashSpork

Re: Ben Folds: "What I Know About Women"
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 07:57:20 PM »
I am a fan like everyone reading this. I’m only stating observations…nothing more…nothing less….but if you go back near a year or so ago on twitter and Facebook there was a quote from Demi Moore that showed up on a twitter account (now gone) then stuff (photos) started disappearing…couple photographs…marriage photos…gone. Most optimists (I count myself as one) thought perhaps they were adjusting their social networking accounts to protect their privacy but sadly this does not seem to be the case. I feel uneasy posting this… these are only my observations of changes on social networking sites…nothing more cause that is really the only way I’ve interacted with them. I empathize with all parties involved for many reason I would rather not spell out here and wish them both peace and happiness wherever the present and future take them and will try my best to not bring this subject up anymore on the INTERNETS…cause really it isn’t my business…but when a couple invest years in a marriage…well I just assume it is a painful thing to end. I figure I can post these observations since Ben has commented publicly about the marriage ending in the article referenced by the link in this thread. If I inadvertently learn anything more (don’t really want to know more…not asking…not researching…not looking) I will likely keep it to myself cause I feel queasy enough hitting <return> on this paragraph.
I like toast!

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 05:13:55 AM »
benfolds.org actually knows a lot more to the story, because that seems to be where the craziness in his personal life gravitates. it sounds like i'm making fun, but seriously, if you're interested in knowing more, that's the place to ask.

Offline Damian

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 04:07:35 PM »
benfolds.org actually knows a lot more to the story, because that seems to be where the craziness in his personal life gravitates. it sounds like i'm making fun, but seriously, if you're interested in knowing more, that's the place to ask.
That sounds like all the reason I need to never go there.

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2012, 07:07:47 PM »
Benfolds.org is a horrible website. Every time I've ever tried to talk about anything seriously, they tear the topic apart. I honestly don't even know why anyone would ever post there. It's a waste of space on the internet. Though by looking at OLD posts there, it wasn't always so bad. stuff from the Suburbs days in 01 seemed pretty legit

Offline Playhouse

• Doin' It Anyway!
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »
Yeah, the .org used to be a great place to get together and discuss things years ago.  Lots of passion that, unfortunately, turned to lots of crazy and eventually became less about Ben, BFF, or anything the guys were doing and more about its own drama and negativity.  I popped in over there the other day and I don't think I saw a single thing about TSOTLOTM there.  Everything was about other music people were listening to and other inane stuff.
A one-hit wonder with no hits...

Hey, that's Oh-Ned-Er!

Offline zinefiend

• this isn't a wine car!!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 02:31:24 PM »
Yeah, the .org used to be a great place to get together and discuss things years ago.  Lots of passion that, unfortunately, turned to lots of crazy and eventually became less about Ben, BFF, or anything the guys were doing and more about its own drama and negativity.  I popped in over there the other day and I don't think I saw a single thing about TSOTLOTM there.  Everything was about other music people were listening to and other inane stuff.

Yep.  I was a .orger for a good couple of years, their token young dumb ska fan.  Then when it started getting bitchy, I defected to here. 

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
I popped in over there the other day and I don't think I saw a single thing about TSOTLOTM there.  Everything was about other music people were listening to and other inane stuff.

are you joking? there's a 600-post thread on the front page about it, in addition to a thread about their tour. the vibe is positive on the album. as far as the other stuff, we all have similar senses of humor and like things besides ben folds, so we choose to post about it. i bet you all have a lot more in common than just liking the guy.

Offline LucasG

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 07:52:34 PM »
are you joking? there's a 600-post thread on the front page about it, in addition to a thread about their tour. the vibe is positive on the album. as far as the other stuff, we all have similar senses of humor and like things besides ben folds, so we choose to post about it. i bet you all have a lot more in common than just liking the guy.

Sup multiballs. You should come hang out here more often.
Look out kid,
they keep it all hid.

Offline Playhouse

• Doin' It Anyway!
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 11:08:17 PM »

I'm not joking. When I went there the other day, there was nothing on the new album on the front page and I scrolled through a few pages and couldn't find anything.  I was actually quite disappointed because I can remember having great conversations over there.  I see threads now.

And I'm all for fanbases sharing all kinds of interest.  That's one of the great things about the whole experience.  I just noticed the trend of sharing everything aside from Folds any time I've popped in over there over the last few years.  Just turned me off to the place.
A one-hit wonder with no hits...

Hey, that's Oh-Ned-Er!

Offline Boz

• Slammin The Pimp Fantastic
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 05:35:44 AM »
This seemed like the appropriate thread to post this article:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/singer-songwriter-ben-folds-finds-love-with-us-actor-alicia-witt/story-fndo471r-1226517668898

Quite a few hints of future projects in this article including an acting cameo.
I know it's Pit.