BF5 at The Tabernacle in Atlanta September 18, 2012

• 20 Replies

Offline Allison

Re: BF5 at The Tabernacle in Atlanta September 18, 2012
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 12:36:42 AM »
As much as it is annoying for hits/singles to be overplayed, "Landed" is easily his best non-RTS solo songs, so I have no problem with it. It probably helps that I haven't seen him like crazy over the past few years, but honestly, I really like the song.
I'm a sucker for Sentimental Guy - but it's no surprise, it's bf5 era. I like landed. I guess the only thing it really started the whole; won't they play The Luckiest?? I mean, seriously, some girl yelled at Ben for not playing it after the gig. And it was all I could to do not walk up to her and slap the dumb out of her.

And yeah. I'd have rather had a RtS track, myself. Outside of the aforementioned. Beggars can't be choosers, though, and I know that. I'm just talking in the alternate reality where I pick the set list it wouldn't have been there.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline JordanWysong

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »
And for the first time in two years the guys stuck around at a show I was at. It was wonderful. I've clearly talked to Darren at Hotel Lights gigs (there's only been one). But this was my fourth show this year and, including three solos last year I was batting .000 SUCKED.

Question from someone fairly new to concert-going; where would they go if they were sticking around? The back of the building or something?

Offline Terp02

• Me, I just hit things with sticks. - Neil Peart
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 04:11:19 AM »
Question from someone fairly new to concert-going; where would they go if they were sticking around? The back of the building or something?

Find the bus/van. Also, if you get there early enough, scout out the venue and see where the backstage entrance is. Most importantly, be prepared to WAIT, possibly for an hour or two.
-Josh

http://www.zanzibarscuf.com
http://www.purevolume.com/Zanzibarscuf

"Sell me out, Sell me in, Color me misunderstood, But I won't go Hollywood." - Bleu

Offline Allison

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 11:32:09 PM »

Find the bus/van. Also, if you get there early enough, scout out the venue and see where the backstage entrance is. Most importantly, be prepared to WAIT, possibly for an hour or two.

Also. Don't always believe everything you hear. There are some venues that try to shoo away the crowd..... mainly to thin it down. Sometimes they aren't lying. And sometimes they are. But yes. Be prepared to dedicate some time hanging around a bus... though, especially while Folds was flying solo he would escape right away after the gig. A lot of it seems to depend on the tour manager Folds has at the time. Nineyear is great at his job - which sucks for us sometimes - keeps the visits short and quick. And if it's cold, he ain't gonna let Ben get sick.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »
... And if it's cold, he ain't gonna let Ben get sick.

yep...Purell up yur hands real good so ya don't shake a hand or loan Ben a pen with butt-hands & then cause him to get sick & cancel the tour...same goes for Darren & Robert too.
I like toast!

Offline Laura

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 03:28:32 PM »
Beautiful Bastard improv that Ben gave the hook away to the audience.

I know I'm kinda late to the party with this question, but do you know where to find either a recording of this or even just somewhere with the chords written down?
I almost gave in to positive thinking, but sarcasm came to the rescue