BFF album: complete

• 86 Replies

Offline Damian

Re: BFF album: complete
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2012, 06:04:10 AM »
SQUEEE!  Log into PledgeMusic account, go get.

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2012, 06:16:06 AM »
brb in 45 minutes.

Offline Eric

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2012, 06:20:21 AM »
Downloaded and about to listen, but I'm disappointed with the lack of lossless. They (PledgeMusic) had said the download would be available in flac. And I ordered the vinyl, which I can't play because I don't have a record player. Heh...

Still super excited to hear the album, so away I go...!

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2012, 06:28:17 AM »
I woulda liked the CD booklet with lyrics, but that'll come in time ..

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2012, 07:14:38 AM »

Offline Damian

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »
I guess it's up to the artist in question, but music only has been the norm with every PledgeMusic project I've signed up for to date...

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2012, 09:06:13 AM »
Listened to it 3 times now. 

Michael Praytor is definitely my favorite.  Haven't made up my mind after that.  It's between the title track, Hold That Thought, and Thank You For Breaking My Heart.

So incredibly glad Robert and Darren are back.  Their musicianship and their respective tones really make this album for me.  I really like the production too.  Someone brought this up before, but I truly don't mind that the BGV's aren't as up-front as they were on the first two BFF albums.  I personally think the mix is great.  Those bass riffs really shine through!

Offline makiko

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2012, 01:58:31 PM »
I guess it's up to the artist in question, but music only has been the norm with every PledgeMusic project I've signed up for to date...
There is no lyrics printed in the cd booklet. There is thousands of names of the pledgers...

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2012, 07:42:47 PM »
That is too bad.  Would regular store copies look the same too?  Would really like official lyrics somewhere -- if there aren't any, someone should get in Ben's ear on twitter at some point  :P

Offline makiko

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2012, 06:04:31 AM »
I got this CD at the merch booth in Central Park last Friday. This should be the same as the regular store copy.
I think TSOTLOTM Japanese edition includes the booklet with lyrics (officially checked by BF5), and its translation.

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2012, 03:55:47 PM »
Hey guys. Haven't been here in jesus knows how long, and I don't know when I'll be back (I don't do much message boarding much anymore -- not to knock anyone who does!). I just wanted to say, I miss you all. I'm so happy there's a new album from the guys -- I never thought I'd see the day. BF5 helped me through some of the hardest of my years. Especially middle and high school. My god what a horror that can be without music.

With that said, I've only heard 'Do It Anyway' and 'Erase Me' from the new album. I really like DIA, but Erase Me has yet to grab me. I'm anticipating the moment when I arise out of laziest and order my own personal copy, as you have all done. Money's always tight over here; you know how it is. I'm sure the album is AMAZING -- I've seen some facebook statuses that heighten my excitement.

Just thought I'd stop by and give my two cents. If there's any message board that's going to bring me out of hiding, it's definitely the Burbs. I find it kind of funny that once I moved from the suburbs into a city that I stopped posting here. Ha! The little ironies in life.

Okay, enough ranting. Miss you guys, hope to see you at a show sometime if I can afford it!

Much love,
Chloe
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2012, 02:26:33 PM »

i'm still waiting on my pledgemusic vinyl, but i ordered a copy for my girlfriend from amazon and she got it today. i'm on the top row, 20th from the left!

also, the vinyl has lyrics on the record sheets. as well as the pledgers' names pull-out, obviously. whoop!