bf5 old st pats - chicago - 6/28/12

• 13 Replies

Offline Allison

bf5 old st pats - chicago - 6/28/12
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:45:00 AM »
All these first shows seem to have the same set list. Which is fine with me. It's like a greatest hits tour, in a simple way. They've all been festival gigs. It's like the warm up tour. :)
Old St Pats was cut short because of the impending storm (which did apparently, you know, take out power for a good chunk of the country).
Anyway:
1. Cannery
2. Pyser
3. Fair
4. SCC
5. Walter
6. Summer
7. Mess
8. Cover of the Rolling Stone (Cover, incomplete)
9. Battle
10. Brick
11. Emaline
12. Army
13. Kate
14. Philosophy
15. Underground

Encore:
16. Dumped

Burbians in the front (where we BELONG)
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Re: bf5 old st pats - chicago - 6/28/12
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 10:19:02 AM »
such fun shows. recordings turned out great, but i'm still waiting for my laptop to get fixed correctly by the idiot apple store employees. this will be week 5. jukebox tonight!

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 06:14:58 AM »
What's wrong with your computer?

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »
The coolest thing about the show is that knew it was going to be cut short and really kicked it into overdrive to fit as much as they could in the set. When Ben went from Army to Kate, there was hardly even a stop and Robert looked up at him like whoa....I better turn it up a notch.

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 05:13:38 PM »

f*ck YEAH  \m/
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 05:53:44 PM »
hard drive decides to unmount itself every 30 minutes causing a total system freeze. they didn't fix it the first and second times so i brought them proof and they finally "found the problem". it'll be at my doorstep tomorrow- then i've got the summerfest show, chicago show, and jukebox show to mix/master/prep/etc. my hope is to have them all done by the end of the week, but i'll put them up as i finish them!

Offline Allison

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 12:05:06 AM »
I looked for you at the jtg show, where were you?

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 05:37:48 AM »

If you were at the front, then who took the photo?!

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline jpar

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 06:16:09 AM »
If you were at the front, then who took the photo?!

~A

Dude from the Chicago Tribune. That photo is from their website.

Offline jpar

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 06:17:15 AM »
hard drive decides to unmount itself every 30 minutes causing a total system freeze. they didn't fix it the first and second times so i brought them proof and they finally "found the problem". it'll be at my doorstep tomorrow- then i've got the summerfest show, chicago show, and jukebox show to mix/master/prep/etc. my hope is to have them all done by the end of the week, but i'll put them up as i finish them!

You have a backup, right? Sounds like a dying drive to me, and repair facilities aren't responsible for the data on the old drive when they replace 'em.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 08:23:25 PM »

You have a backup, right? Sounds like a dying drive to me, and repair facilities aren't responsible for the data on the old drive when they replace 'em.

oh, for sure. this whole ordeal has been exhausting. i'm sending it in again tomorrow. it still wasn't fixed. i told them to replace the hard drive the very first time i brought it in, and here we are 6 weeks later and still no working computer this whole time. i work in IT myself so i've taken all steps necessary. at this point they owe me a new laptop alone in time and money of mine they've wasted, but when you make the rules, you don't have to answer to anyone.

regarding the recordings- i'm going to attempt to work on the bf5 shows on my old old laptop in the meantime. the jukebox multitrack recording sounds absolutely wonderful and i am going to be sending that plus my room audio i took that night to my friend who runs his own studio for mixing and mastering, for a number of reasons. it should turn out fantastic. still no ETA though, as i need to get him the files and whatnot. hang in there! i know i'm trying...

Offline Allison

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 12:18:06 AM »
well. i can't wait for them. also. you should befriend me on FB. If it really does sound that fantastic you should get it to the boys themselves.

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 03:49:41 PM »
hey guys- finally have a working laptop and worked on the handful of recordings i've made over the weeks the other night. status:

bff-summerfest: sounds *ok*. from where i was in the pavilion, there was a lot of windy echo noise. i did my best to bring out the sound a bit more but didn't want to do too much else to it. listen only if you want to relive the night, really.

bff-chicago: sounds awesome. there was a girl behind me who not only essentially singing directly into one of my mics, but because of the upper register of her voice, really sticks out. but it's not a big deal. because these were audience recordings, there is always going to be singing- but the show sounds awesome. hope you guys think so too.

jukebox-chicago: i've made a "rough" mix of the room sound i took plus the board multitrack i arranged for (paid for. ugh.). it sounds INCREDIBLE. and the reason i say rough is because i didn't yet bother doing a hardcore pro-mix for the time being- when i get back to school in a few weeks my friend and i will really polish this guy up. for now, enjoy an incredible soundboardmulti+aud matrix. nutso great.
in addition: i got plain board mixdown+aud sound for now, now and savoir adore (the openers) as well. i was bummed that the now, now guitar was mixed so low, but at the soundcheck things were very rushed- both the openers were running late, and in the end all of the bands shared drums, and i think bass for the openers as well- i imagine the guitar just never got checked well enough. it improves a bit over the set though. (you'll notice a bit of rumble/wind noise in the recordings- not sure how that came about since it was indoors, but i think i worked out a lot of it by the time i got to editing the openers- it's still very noticeably rumbly in the jukebox mixdown but since that rough mix will eventually be succeeded, i'm not too worried about it for now).

i will try to get these up tonight, otherwise tomorrow. yay! sorry for post barf.

allison: facebook/christian.davis, twitter is fireworksordie. gettin' connected!

Offline Allison

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 12:57:56 AM »
Consider yourself followed/friend requested!

And well I can't wait for all three anyway. They were great shows!