Old Press Kit- Magazine Scans!

• 1 Replies
Old Press Kit- Magazine Scans!
« on: October 09, 2011, 09:09:39 PM »
Hey gang-

Hopefully some of you will enjoy these. My girlfriend bought these off eBay and surprised me with them last weekend. It's a collection from a press kit that the Five's label sent around at the time of Reinhold Messner's release. It includes selections from magazines and a press sheet. I figured none of this was necessarily "new" by any means, but some of the articles are pretty fun, and there are some great quotes. I've always read here about his leaving off of "Carrying Cathy" as well as things about "Break Up at Food Court", but there are some actual real-live quotes on those in here! Whoo!

Anyways, here they are in PDF form. All of them are in black and white, which is a bummer since some of the images are pretty fun. But maybe those are still around somewhere.

550 Music Press Sheet (with Truths and Rumors)
Rolling Stone
SPIN
Alternative Press
Mademoiselle
Gear
Maxim
Newsweek
Time Out New York
Newsday
New Music Monthly
Details

The SPIN, NMM, and Details articles are worth a look in particular. A lot of these articles mangle Darren's name. Poor guy.

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
Re: Old Press Kit- Magazine Scans!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:00:19 AM »
These are great! Thanks for sharing them - awesome girlfriend :D

I know that I have the NMM magazine somewhere so I could do a colour scan. However, I think jpar's might be closer to hand if he want to do it?

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.