The Supreme Topic of Bootlegs

• 107 Replies

Offline Zeek

Re: The Supreme Topic of Bootlegs
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 08:45:25 PM »
Updated with the mp3-converted shows from vosnos.  Here's some album art I used for the Cologne show on my converted set: here (taken from a YouTube video from where he played Mess at the same concert).  For the Tabernacle show of Folds Five, I tried to find a picture from the show (but that's virtually impossible), so I used this one instead.

(I'm OCD with all my mp3s being tagged with every possible detail  :P )

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 07:19:48 AM »
Were ALL your BFF live shows lost in storage jpar or just a large majority?

My digital library is intact, with the files I originally uploaded to Kyle's FTP back in the 90s safe and preserved for all time on various backup drives. My cassette collection with shows dating back to early 1995 (I think there was even a 1994 show) were lost in the great storage fiasco.

Thanks for the files! As for your other question, I'm unaware of any BF5 performances of Silver Street, just as many of the songs which were demos in the pre-Five/Five days were untouched by the band and only unearthed after Folds went solo. I couldn't venture a guess as to why that would be. Next time you chat with Folds, maybe he'll be able to reach far back into his memory banks and shed some light on the subject for you.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 08:46:01 PM »

My digital library is intact, with the files I originally uploaded to Kyle's FTP back in the 90s safe and preserved for all time on various backup drives. My cassette collection with shows dating back to early 1995 (I think there was even a 1994 show) were lost in the great storage fiasco.

Thanks for the files! As for your other question, I'm unaware of any BF5 performances of Silver Street, just as many of the songs which were demos in the pre-Five/Five days were untouched by the band and only unearthed after Folds went solo. I couldn't venture a guess as to why that would be. Next time you chat with Folds, maybe he'll be able to reach far back into his memory banks and shed some light on the subject for you.

Do you have BFF live shows in your digital library?  I was under the impression that all of them were lost in storage.  And holy crap about a '94 show...happen to remember the venue?  Must've been a local spot in Winston-Salem.

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 11:02:26 AM »

Do you have BFF live shows in your digital library?  I was under the impression that all of them were lost in storage.  And holy crap about a '94 show...happen to remember the venue?  Must've been a local spot in Winston-Salem.

We've got some BF5 stuff on wuwtl, and dime has some too...
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

Offline vosnos

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »

We've got some BF5 stuff on wuwtl, and dime has some too...

I know, I have all of those.  I was asking jpar what's left of his personal collection.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2011, 07:33:56 AM »
Thanks a lot for the link.  I check DIME all the time but rarely check etree.  Downloading the BFF one right now.

Offline jpar

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2011, 06:17:02 AM »
I know, I have all of those.  I was asking jpar what's left of his personal collection.

I believe I've uploaded what I have digitally to the fileshare, or the content was taken off the old Clubhouse FTP and put up by others. Most of the BFF video stuff was copied from my tapes in the late 90s and uploaded. It's a Pain in the Ass™ to cross reference the server since there's no UI to it.

Offline jpar

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2011, 06:17:29 AM »

Offline vosnos

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2011, 07:17:17 AM »

Offline Zeek

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2011, 07:39:17 AM »
Here's the 2/22/2011 show in MP3 format (with Kate's set as well).

I'll post the FLAC once I seed for awhile and reclaim my ratio.

EDIT: Put up zip archives of Folds and Kate for easier downloading.

Offline jpar

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2011, 10:04:44 AM »
Thanks folks! It's really appreciated!

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2011, 04:31:10 AM »
The recovery on Don't Change Your Plans was wonderful, until he dropped it again.  Still, it made me want to cheer when he's just talking and has that burst of "oh yeah, this is how it goes," and just starts playing
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2011, 05:45:35 AM »
Wow, thank you so much for the Southampton one! That night was the first time I saw Ben and it was great to listen to it again. Thanks!

Offline Zeek

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
Wow, thank you so much for the Southampton one! That night was the first time I saw Ben and it was great to listen to it again. Thanks!

Thank funkygibbon over on DIME for recording it for us all to listen to.  ;)