The Supreme Topic of Bootlegs

• 107 Replies

Offline Allison

Re: The Supreme Topic of Bootlegs
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 09:36:33 PM »
-1 for flacs. Overrated!

Mp3 are fine, especially at 256k.

Would anyone be interested in uploading these bootlegs to wokeupwaytoolate.com so they can be more easily downloaded and preserved? I can arrange access...

Cheers!

And Thanks!

I'll start on it now, actually.

Also. Question- is there a track 18 (or was it just encore noise?) on the second boot? (Athens)

Also, Bonner Springs is already on WUWTL: http://wokeupwaytoolate.com/filedump/Solo%20Folds%20Bootlegs/MP3/2007-06-19%20Bonner%20Springs,%20KS/

Thirdly. .rars or .zips Please if you're going to upload additional shows. Also what the hell is this other format that my compy doesn't know... and that I don't know. ???

Anyway. Thanks for the efforts peoples! Will get it all up on WUWTL (and I've got a few that have been waiting here too.)
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 12:21:48 AM »
-1 for flacs. Overrated!

FLACs can be turned into MP3s, MP3s cannot be turned into FLACs.

Consider you other bootleggers, and provide both.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Allison

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 10:34:53 AM »
i think i'm seeing ghosts
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline mightyb0y

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 05:17:06 PM »
I'll start on it now, actually.

Thanks Allison! You've put in a great amount of work into the archive! I hope people realise and appreciate that the vast majority of it comes from you =) Cheers.

-1 for flacs. Overrated!

FLACs can be turned into MP3s, MP3s cannot be turned into FLACs.

Consider you other bootleggers, and provide both.

~A

Absolutely, I have no problem with bootlegs being released in both formats if possible. I just think flacs are unnecessary, and flac supporters are elitists =P

I can't understand the benefit in taking what is inherenty a poor quality/dirty source (a bootleg) and presenting it at such high bitrates/or uncompressed. To me it seems like shooting a video on your mobile/cell phone and uploading it in FullHD. It's still going to look like mobile phone footage, but it's going to be ridiculously inconvenient to download and to store.

Obvioulsy I am no audiophile... and I don't own expensive headphones... so perhaps that has something to do with my perspective.

I'm all for options, but I don't see much benefit in flacs. Each to their own!

Good to see you're still around Andy!

Cheers.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 08:06:31 PM »
I'm gonna be uploading the FLACs whenever I add stuff here.  You can always convert to MP3 but you can't go the other way.  

Anyway, here is another BFF show.  It's at The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA from 11/28/97.  It was recently on DIME but has lost its seeders.

A pretty standard setlist but a fantastic show as always.

EDIT:  Actually, after reading mightb0y's post, I think I'm gonna stick with MP3s from now on.  It's more convenient to upload as well as download.  If you want the FLACs I can get them to you.

EDIT II:  So after downloading the entire thing and converting to MP3 I came to the realization that the Chicago Cybercast show is in fact their show at Riviera Theater from 2/15/98 (which I already have).  The Riviera Show can be currently found on DIME.  You may want to edit that info into the first post.

EDIT III: I'm downloading the "Live at the World Cafe" show and I think the date may be wrong.  According to The Magical Armchair  they played in Australia on 7/24/98.  I'm thinking it's from 5/28/98 because the text file that came with this says it's from the radio station WXPN in Philadelphia and that matches up with that date on the Magical Armchair link.  Anyway, I think the first post should be edited.

Offline Boz

• Slammin The Pimp Fantastic
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »
To add some more that I’ve found here and there…
(none of these are my recordings or uploads)

1997-06-28 Roskilde, Denmark – Roskilde Festival(from this blog post)
2005-04-02 Sydney, Australia – Enmore
2005-05-14 Boston, MA - Avalon (disc 1) (from this blog)
2005-05-14 Boston, MA – Avalon (disc 2) (from this blog)
2009-02-21 Columbus, OH – Lifestyle Communities Pavilion (from this blog post)
2009-09-03 Melbourne, Australia – Palais Theatre (from this blog post)

2003-01-10 New York City, NY – Beacon Theater (Traders’ Den) I know the show has been posted on this thread but the MediaFire file is missing some songs.

Also I caught myself mid-download when dime lost a tracker on a couple shows, I would love any help completing these:

1997-10-18 Raleigh, NC – The Ritz (got to 86.8%)
1997-08-01 Somerset (got to 70.9%)
1997-11-26 Salt Lake City, UT – Zephyr Club (got to 6%)
I know it's Pit.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 02:23:38 PM »
To add some more that I’ve found here and there…
(none of these are my recordings or uploads)

1997-06-28 Roskilde, Denmark – Roskilde Festival(from this blog post)
2005-04-02 Sydney, Australia – Enmore
2005-05-14 Boston, MA - Avalon (disc 1) (from this blog)
2005-05-14 Boston, MA – Avalon (disc 2) (from this blog)
2009-02-21 Columbus, OH – Lifestyle Communities Pavilion (from this blog post)
2009-09-03 Melbourne, Australia – Palais Theatre (from this blog post)

2003-01-10 New York City, NY – Beacon Theater (Traders’ Den) I know the show has been posted on this thread but the MediaFire file is missing some songs.

Also I caught myself mid-download when dime lost a tracker on a couple shows, I would love any help completing these:

1997-10-18 Raleigh, NC – The Ritz (got to 86.8%)
1997-08-01 Somerset (got to 70.9%)
1997-11-26 Salt Lake City, UT – Zephyr Club (got to 6%)

Cool, thanks for all the uploads.  That show from the Roskilde Festival was just on DIME a day or two ago...must've just lost its last seeder.  When did you find those 3 incomplete shows on DIME though?  I've been checking for BFF stuff regularly for about 6 months now and haven't ever seen those shows on there. 

Offline Boz

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »
Cool, thanks for all the uploads.  That show from the Roskilde Festival was just on DIME a day or two ago...must've just lost its last seeder.  When did you find those 3 incomplete shows on DIME though?  I've been checking for BFF stuff regularly for about 6 months now and haven't ever seen those shows on there. 

According to my computer properties, I downloaded the torrent files in April 2010.   I continually struggle with the ratio requirements on Dime.  I must have been blocked for a little while until I uploaded enough and by the time I was back within the requirements, the torrents had lost their tracker.  :(
I know it's Pit.

Offline Boz

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 04:36:01 PM »
FYI....Last night's show in Cologne is on Dime (http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=348211). (not mine)
I know it's Pit.

Offline Zeek

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 12:33:58 PM »
Great recording at that, too!

I really like the live version of Saskia.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 10:59:20 PM »
Just a heads up to everyone, a BFF show at the Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA was put up on DIME a couple days ago.  It has a a LIVE VERSION OF AIR (HOLY f*ck) so I suggest you snatch it up quick.  I think it may be the only time they played it live.  Anyone know for sure?

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 05:52:33 AM »
"Air" was also played live in San Diego on May 11th, 1998.

Anyone going to be posting these for those of us who don't torrent? Please?

Offline vosnos

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 10:34:13 AM »
"Air" was also played live in San Diego on May 11th, 1998.

Anyone going to be posting these for those of us who don't torrent? Please?

jpar always bringing the knowledge.  Here is the show in MP3 format.  The quality is top notch and the setlist is crazy good. 

Ben Folds Five, The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA (6/14/98)

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 11:54:11 AM »
Thanks for the share! If anyone has the Germany show, that'd be appreciated as well.
Happy to share my knowledge with the group in exchange for concerts any time... "Air" made several appearances at concerts throughout the summer of 1998 as "Godzilla" hit theaters.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 12:29:15 PM »
Thanks for the share! If anyone has the Germany show, that'd be appreciated as well.
Happy to share my knowledge with the group in exchange for concerts any time... "Air" made several appearances at concerts throughout the summer of 1998 as "Godzilla" hit theaters.

I'll get that show on here today.  Were ALL your BFF live shows lost in storage jpar or just a large majority?

EDIT:  Here's the show.  Haven't listened to it yet so I can't comment on the quality but the setlist looks pretty good.  Sentimental Guy and Tom and Mary are cool to see on the setlist.  The order of songs is in the TXT file.

Ben Folds, Live Music Hall, Cologne, Germany (3/8/2011)

Also jpar, I have a random question.  Did the Five ever play Silver Street live?  If so, when/where?  If not, do you know why?