Petition for another BEN FOLDS FIVE REUNION

• 25 Replies

Offline dandelionsbutterflies

• If we all could be so free..
Re: Petition for another BEN FOLDS FIVE REUNION
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 01:27:32 PM »

Mmmm. No, I don't think I'll agree with this one. We have wonderful music from the boys that will always be wonderful and everyone can enjoy. I'd rather have an experience I missed out on before. A new album would be great, but myself and a lot of other fans didn't get to see Ben Folds Five live and it's something we'd like to experience. No harm in trying for that. And plus, we're not petitioning for a tour. We're petitioning for another single show. Ben's said that they don't get along enough to tour again.

Plus, I'm happy with what we have from the Five, and I don't think that now they would be able to do anything like what they did. Does that make any sense?

I just want to stand in front of the three of them and cry. I was born too late. -sigh-

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 04:20:03 PM »
why does everyone want another ben folds five album? i really just dont get it. its cool that they played together again back in 08, because it made sense with doing the album live. but whether or not darren and robert are ben's players, the songs are going to be the same. we might get one song that darren writes, or one song that robert adds a couple lyrics to, but i really, really doubt that any of ben's solo albums would have been drastically different if the five were together. i wasnt upset when they broke up after i heard RTS. it was the 4th album in ben's career. im not saying the other guys in bff were not a part of the band, i just dont think you'd see much of a difference if they joined ben on his next album.

Offline Steffage

• Is this the way to normal?
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 04:46:22 PM »
why does everyone want another ben folds five album? i really just dont get it. its cool that they played together again back in 08, because it made sense with doing the album live. but whether or not darren and robert are ben's players, the songs are going to be the same. we might get one song that darren writes, or one song that robert adds a couple lyrics to, but i really, really doubt that any of ben's solo albums would have been drastically different if the five were together. i wasnt upset when they broke up after i heard RTS. it was the 4th album in ben's career. im not saying the other guys in bff were not a part of the band, i just dont think you'd see much of a difference if they joined ben on his next album.

I agree with you on a lot of those points. Plus I like the music Darren does alone. I haven't heard any of Sledge's projects. But I just want a show. To see a band get together and play. I had to miss out in 2008 and I want another chance to see them up on stage together! Even just once. I'm happy with the music they made together in the 1990s. But that time in their music lives are over. I like Ben's solo work.

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2010, 08:47:12 PM »
for the record, he said it in a lonely avenue interview.  i don't have a source or anything.  tweet at him all you like.  he said he didn't want to do a tour with them or anything.  said he'd rather make something new with them.  but he didnt' act like he was wanting to do it now.  but there was definitely an attitude that if anything would happen in the future, it would likely be that.  a new ben folds five album would sound WAY different because all three guys contributed.  you don't realize it, but darren and robert had alot more input then you think.  i'm sure they changed and added stuff to alot of the music.
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 09:18:02 PM »
kidney - Yes.  could you please quote for me (and for us) exactly what ben said pertaining to wanting to do another bf5 record?  i would love to know what he said and what the source is, please - because so far as i know the three do not get along and never intend on getting together for anything ever again, save maybe, another reunion show.

and of course if this has changed and i just don't know it yet, i wanna know!

as for this, ben hasn't said they dont' get along.  he said he talks to them on the phone on a fairly regular basis.  they just got tired of making music together.  in the beggining they decided they'd only do it as long as it was fun, and at some point, it stopped being fun for them.

if they didn't get along, why would they ever want to hang out and practice for a reunion show?
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

Offline Brooooke

• "I'm pulling this out of my ass just for you!"
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 12:56:37 AM »
i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree!

Offline dandelionsbutterflies

• If we all could be so free..
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »
It doesn't matter how much we all argue about getting along/touring/albums/ben quotes/etc.
There still is zero harm in trying.

Offline worldswillgrow

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 07:47:08 AM »
It doesn't matter how much we all argue about getting along/touring/albums/ben quotes/etc.
There still is zero harm in trying.

This.

Might as well give it a try; the worst that could happen is that we don't get a tour. Which is what we're getting now, anyway, so...no harm in giving it a go.

Offline Jono11

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 12:09:51 PM »
not to be a negative nancy, but i wouldn't petition for a tour.  i'd petition for a new album.  that's what ben said he wanted, and it would be better.  you'd be happier in 5 years knowing you had a new bff album, then if you had seem them on tour.
I agree with this, because I have a feeling new album=new tour.

Offline Steffage

• Is this the way to normal?
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 07:42:04 AM »
not to be a negative nancy, but i wouldn't petition for a tour.  i'd petition for a new album.  that's what ben said he wanted, and it would be better.  you'd be happier in 5 years knowing you had a new bff album, then if you had seem them on tour.

Yeeees.... But Ben has said they don't get along enough to do a full tour. We don't want a tour. We want ONE show. Lets be realistic people.

Offline Jono11

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 09:11:54 AM »

Yeeees.... But Ben has said they don't get along enough to do a full tour. We don't want a tour. We want ONE show. Lets be realistic people.
This community needs to agree on what Ben said about whether or not he gets along with the guys. I'm hearing very mixed signals on this.