How Well Will "Lonely Avenue" Sell?

• 3 Replies
How Well Will "Lonely Avenue" Sell?
« on: September 26, 2010, 10:57:31 AM »
Ben's solo records have been  charting higher and higher as his career has gone on, and with LA dropping in a couple days, one has to wonder how this one will fare. It's certainly had a lot of publicity, not so much for being a ben folds record, but the mere concept of the collaboration with Hornby.  I really hope it does well. This is a great album, and I'd love to see it break the top ten.

Offline Iheartpiano

• I want to live in Effington!
Re: How Well Will "Lonely Avenue" Sell?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:42:39 PM »
I think it will be one of his best selling albums. I think a lot of Nick Hornby fans will buy it. Also, I think Ben has picked up more fans becasue of the Sing Off, the whole chat roulette thing and his small collab with pomplamoose. He's also had a lot of press for this album, and it's a really well written album. I would love to see it in one of the top spots, so I guess we will see how it does come Tuesday!
There's always someone cooler than you, so learn to live with what you are.

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 05:39:15 PM »
and i think we should all make sure to buy it during week one. its the biggest chance it will have to chart, thats just a fact. ill be buying it twice, cd and vinyl.

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:38:34 AM »
The new album hasn't done so well in the 1st week in the UK, which is a shame. Couldn't even see it in the iTunes 100, and on the official charts, it scraped 89 :-(

A shame, this is one of Bens best solo LP's to date, and we cannot wait for the next UK tour!