Ben on UK Radio 2 this Saturday

• 27 Replies

Offline Galona

Ben on UK Radio 2 this Saturday
« on: July 07, 2010, 08:38:35 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t0bs7

Ben and Nick Hornby are on the Jonathan Ross show on Saturday 10th from 10.00am  :)

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
Re: Ben on UK Radio 2 this Saturday
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:20:34 AM »
So, will I need to stay up til 4 am friday night, or is this going to be recorded somewhere?
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

Offline drummerstu

• I don't have a third dimension
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 04:08:46 AM »
That was a good interview I think...Can't remember what the hell was said- it was chit chat mostly, but Jonathan Ross played a song from the album early in the show (I'm rubbish - something about Claire or something?!)

Then Ben and Nick performed live with Ben playing an accoustic guitar. Again, I'm rubbish, can't remember the song!

BUT Ben is touring the UK in January / February 2011 - that bit I remember! I'm guessing the interview will be on the BBC Iplayer for those in the UK. I'm in no way technology literate, so couldn't record it...

I wonder how you become a tour photographer?......

Offline vosnos

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 07:13:52 AM »
So, will I need to stay up til 4 am friday night, or is this going to be recorded somewhere?

You can listen to it here.  Just click the "7 days left to listen" link and it'll open up a radio player.  He's on at around 33:30 (performing Claire's 9th) and around 2:23 doing the full interview.

That was a good interview I think...Can't remember what the hell was said- it was chit chat mostly, but Jonathan Ross played a song from the album early in the show (I'm rubbish - something about Claire or something?!)

Then Ben and Nick performed live with Ben playing an accoustic guitar. Again, I'm rubbish, can't remember the song!

BUT Ben is touring the UK in January / February 2011 - that bit I remember! I'm guessing the interview will be on the BBC Iplayer for those in the UK. I'm in no way technology literate, so couldn't record it...

I wonder how you become a tour photographer?......

Yes, Ben played Claire's 9th, which was actually the first time I've heard the song.  Can't say I'm too impressed but hopefully it'll grow on me.  I can't remember the name of the second song he played either.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 07:35:49 AM »
Claire's 9th is a real grower I think. Lot's of lovely detail in the story. The lyrics are fantastic.

The other song was called From Above which also has really nice lyrics, but it's not hard to know how good it'll sound on the record as it was a haphazard performance with Ben on guitar and Nick Hornby speaking one of the verses and over one of the choruses (he doesn't on the recording). It's a good tune, but it'll be interesting to see what the final product is like.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 07:55:09 AM »
i think claire's 9th is a pretty song. the melody is strong, though i agree this probably isnt the best song on the album. im not disappointed though at all. i cant wait to hear more. in fact, im actually going to make myself wait. i want to wait until the album comes out to get into it. just like the old days!

Offline Zeek

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »
Claire's 9th makes me want the album more.  Already made a bootlegs of both Claire and whatever the second one is called thanks to the analog hole :P .

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »
Claire's 9th makes me want the album more.  Already made a bootlegs of both Claire and whatever the second one is called thanks to the analog hole :P .

can we get your bootleggings?

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 02:10:31 PM »
wait i've only heard the one from above, what time is claire's ninth?

EDIT:
Nevermind, got it, i'm retarded.
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 07:23:59 PM »
Called From Above as the potential to rock on the piano  \m/

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 07:39:53 AM »
did someone say TOUR?  ;D

Those of you that want to listen skip to 2hrs22mins in!
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline Zeek

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »
Encoded using Audacity's Stereo Mix @ 192kps

Claire's 9th [192kps]
From Above [192kps]
From Above [320kps]
From Above [FLAC]

Since Claire's 9th is a studio recording, feel free to remove it if necessary.  The noise at the beginning of Claire's 9th was from the radio show, and the quick fade out at the end is there since people talk right after that point.

I'll probably go back for another shot at recording From Above at a higher quality, or something, later.

EDIT: I recorded the above with the volume of the iPlayer at 6, and my web browser's volume at 100% (according to Vista's mixer).  So, it isn't a pure conversion, if that matters to anyone.  I simply used Audacity to record whatever was playing on my computer; I didn't check if I could actually download the stream or anything using some plugin (since 3+ hours, I believe, is far too much to bother with).  But, the quality's great.

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 10:51:15 AM »
I really liked the interview! It was sarcastic and irreverent and a lot of fun! Has Ben told the Indianapolis story before? Probably but it was new to me. I loved the overall laid-back atmosphere of the whole interview.

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »
thanks zeek. much appreciated.

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »
Much obliged, Zeek.  \m/ <-- for you.