Live in Kansas City July 23rd

• 46 Replies
Live in Kansas City July 23rd
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
This is kinda weird, but whatever:

Tix are $34 and the presale is going on right now with the pass BUZZSTARS

edit: actually presale starts Wednesday, my bad.

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
Re: Live in Kansas City July 23rd
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »
Fanclub pre-sale is tomorrow at noon. See you guys in KC for gig #64!

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 04:51:47 PM »
I'll see ya at my 6th show!
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline jpar

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 06:49:53 PM »

Can't wait!

Offline ClareQuilty

• Yep. This is I.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 07:43:13 PM »
Devo? DEVO? AWESOME.
As you know I hang upside down in a dark closet like a bat until summoned.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 05:52:09 AM »

Awesome - Frank and I will be there, too!

Brooke - you and Jon need to make a road trip out of it so it will be like a mini Chicago reunion :)

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 10:26:20 AM »
Tickets procured. Hurray for a show that requires no travel!

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 05:49:59 PM »
Will be my 7th show! :D

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 05:51:02 PM »

Awesome - Frank and I will be there, too!

Brooke - you and Jon need to make a road trip out of it so it will be like a mini Chicago reunion :)

Chris won't be there though...:(
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline jpar

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 12:40:05 PM »
Hi gang,
Just wanted to share this eMail I sent to the PFoJ about ticket prices for the upcoming KC Show. Talking with some non-PFoJ folks, we realized that we paid far more for tickets than non-PFoJ folks had, and that didn't sit right with me. I don't want my money back, I don't want them to DO anything about it, other than pledge to do better for fans who expect more from a premium service like an artist's fan club.
Greetings,
I wanted to bring your attention to a pricing issue with tickets recently purchased for Ben Folds' upcoming Kansas City appearance that has left me scratching my head, wondering why the Ben Folds fan club has me paying nearly $10 over the price the general public is paying for the same general admission tickets.

The show in question is the upcoming appearance at 96.5 The Buzz's summer concert, "Buzz Under the Stars." Normally I avoid multi-act gigs like this, but I can't miss a Ben show, so I excitedly renewed my Fan Club membership for the chance to buy advance tickets. I've done this many times before, and usually the ticket prices balance out quite fairly with what Ticketmaster or the venue is charging, even when you include all the various fees for online ordering or mailing if the gig is out of town. Sometimes the Fan Club even raffles off Meet and Greets, so I've justified any price discrepancy as worth it for the contest (though many would argue opportunities such as that are why I pay membership dues to the fan club in the first place - and I can't say I disagree), but this has never resulted in me paying a "penalty" with a much higher ticket price than what the general public can buy the tickets for.

Here's a breakdown of pricing for the show:
Fan Club
$43.90

Ticketmaster
$50.70

96.5 Buzz Presale
$38.90

Venue Box Office
$35
Bottom line, the tickets should have been at least as inexpensive as the base cost of Ticketmaster tickets, which was $34. Ideally, the Fan Club should have gotten the same deal as the Buzz presale tickets at $25, at which point even with fees the people who pay a premium for the right to get tickets early for a general admission show would have been paying a fair price, instead of being stuck with the third best ticket buying option. As evil as they may be, at least Ticketmaster doesn't charge you to mail tickets. Having a will-call option would have been perfect - which is an option that's been available in the past.

Artist Arena has been doing a bang-up job running the fan club since it took over a few years back, but if this is the shape of things to come I must say I'm very concerned. I've been attending Ben Folds shows since 1994, and this marks the first time I've felt taken advantage of in any way by business decisions from folks he partners with. To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

Respectfully yours,
Justin Parlette
I don't want this to turn into a "thing," no protests or angry, spiteful letters, I just want to give the community a heads-up that changes made to the way PFoJ does ticketing might result in you paying more than others. For an assigned seating show that might be worth it, but for GA? Hardly.

Offline jpar

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »
Just got this from Artist Arena:
Dear Ben Folds fan,

As part of a special offer from the Artist Arena pre-sale, tickets to the July 23rd 2010 show will be offered at $10 less than originally advertised. As a result, you will be receiving a $10 refund on your order. The money will be put back onto the credit card used to make the purchase in about 7-10 business days.

Have a great day,
Artist Arena
No word yet on if this will be $10/ticket, or just a flat $10.

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 07:30:32 PM »
the good: ordered tickets!  ;D the bad: from ticketmaster  :'(

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 08:15:58 PM »
f*ck, missed the presale.  I assume this is all GA, right?  90% sure I'm going to this.

Also, anyone feel like putting a Folds fan up for a night down there, as it's a 7 hour drive for me... (or, I suppose, splitting a cheap hotel somewhere.  Or meeting somewhere and splitting gas, or well, anything that saves money)
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 09:20:29 PM »
I renewed back in February...presale worked really well for Ben w Symphony last time around for me so I figured why not renew. Still don't know what to do with the postcards and the dental floss related rooster coat of arms sticker or That BAS bumper sticker :D
I like toast!

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 07:53:18 AM »
I renewed back in February...presale worked really well for Ben w Symphony last time around for me so I figured why not renew. Still don't know what to do with the postcards and the dental floss related rooster coat of arms sticker or That BAS bumper sticker :D

We were cleaning out some kitchen drawers last night and came across our BAS sticker. We put it on our trash can. Now our trash can is crunk.