morgan davis live recording

• 9 Replies
morgan davis live recording
« on: April 22, 2010, 01:05:09 PM »
Does anyone know where i can find the live recording of morgan davis where in the beginning ben says "featuring joe delorenzo" ? i used to have it but don't anymore. couldn't find it on wokeupwaytoolate, maybe i was looking in the wrong place?

Thanks
Come pick me up, I've landed.

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
Re: morgan davis live recording
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:30:55 PM »
That should be the recording from the final tour in 2000. I wanna say it's a show in Virginia.

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:35:21 AM »
Now that I have been here more, I can dig it up when I get home. Same show that Ben sang Amelia Bright and Robert sang Tell Me What I Did and Prince Charming.

Some guy named Leigh recorded it..... his website was exit13 something.... that's all I got off the top of me head. No idea where it was recorded, but Justin is right, it was one of the last shows.

Offline Ziggysane

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 08:43:39 AM »
Live at U Scranton, 4-29-00.  I usually think of it as the "lost album" show because of the four new songs.

Offline Ziggysane

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:34:13 AM »
Speaking of which, the U Scranton Show isn't up on WUWTL, except as individual mp3s for some of the songs in the BF5 tracks section (although it does seem to be missing this version of Morgan).  Was there ever a complete or even partial boot?  Or were the mp3s the only form that it was ever released in?

Offline emaline03

• Hi! I'm Tad! And you can count on me!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »
i have to say that i was at that show and it was the last bf5 show i got to see.  because of the 4 new songs (i was at the colgate show the night before, hearing them for the first time) i had so much hope for a new bf5 record after seeing those shows.  too bad it was all a pipe dream.  it was really cool to see joe delorenzo come out and participate in "morgan davis".  good times.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »
thanks for the info guys. couldn't find that recording on WUWTL as you said, i'll see if i can find it on a torrent site or something.
Come pick me up, I've landed.

Offline Allison

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 01:29:12 AM »
Speaking of which, the U Scranton Show isn't up on WUWTL, except as individual mp3s for some of the songs in the BF5 tracks section (although it does seem to be missing this version of Morgan).  Was there ever a complete or even partial boot?  Or were the mp3s the only form that it was ever released in?

to be honest, i don't have the full show. :\
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 10:31:32 AM »
I hope Ben didn't lose this show (in his cache of tapes) in the flood!!  :'(

I'll see if I can dig it up when I get home. AS far as I remember (sucks getting old) only those 4 songs were ever uploaded to te internets. Mostly because they were new, and because the quality was pretty sh*tty (lots of talking, vocals hard to hear over the piano).

Offline emaline03

• Hi! I'm Tad! And you can count on me!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 01:11:21 PM »
i remember a live version of "amelia bright" being on the internets and it was really poor quality.  great song, though.  i probably downloaded it off of napster back when it was free.