Claire's 9th

• 24 Replies

Offline Brandinian

• I'm so cool.
Claire's 9th
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:36:59 PM »
Hey guys,

So I was reading two articles today about Ben, and according to them, a new song called Claire's 9th from the Foldsby album has leaked onto the internet along with Picture Window and Levi Johnston's Blues. I am assuming that they are talking about the demo of Picture Window Ben posted, and the live version of Levi's Blues, but what about Claire's 9th? Anyone know where I can find this song?

You can find the article here: http://www.billboard.com/news/ben-folds-talks-chatroulette-nick-hornby-1004078406.story?tag=hpfeed

Much obliged!
I want to live in Effington.

Offline AliKat4392

Re: Claire's 9th
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
"Among the songs set for release are the Internet-leaked "Levi Johnston's Blues," the upbeat "Picture Window" and the powerful "Claire's 9th." "
I think that internet-leaked is only meant to apply to Levi Johnston's Blues, because he has an adjective before each song.

"The record coming out in September is the important part, just to get it out there.""
SEPTEMBER?? WHAT?
"The public persona of a piano-playing geek has kept the mainstream mostly at bay. Keep it to yourself, but the nerd in the glasses is really a Rock God." -Times Online

Offline Jono11

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:15:27 AM »
"Among the songs set for release are the Internet-leaked "Levi Johnston's Blues," the upbeat "Picture Window" and the powerful "Claire's 9th." "
I think that internet-leaked is only meant to apply to Levi Johnston's Blues, because he has an adjective before each song.

"The record coming out in September is the important part, just to get it out there.""
SEPTEMBER?? WHAT?
Fuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Offline Luke8400

• for all my big mistakes
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 02:46:05 AM »
Honestly, September is about what I expected.

Offline perthgirl

• Up with this I will not put - Bernard Black
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 04:22:12 AM »
When Ben said it was being released in the spring he clearly meant the southern spring!  Promotional tour here to co-incide please, Ben.
It's easy to be easy and free when it doesn't mean anything...

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 07:25:30 AM »
they might mean belinda? or was that just played live?
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline Euan

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 12:00:50 PM »
http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=141&csid2=844&fid1=45345

- "A number of song titles have leaked, along with the songs themselves: “Levi Johnston's Blues,” “Picture Window” and “Claire's 9th” have all hit the web so far. "

Dunno if its been posted but the album list looks to be

Picture Window
Levi Johnston's Blues
Your Dogs
Practical Amanda
Doc Pomus
Claire's 9th
Working Day
Saskia Hamilton
Belinda
From Above
Password

Anyway whats the prize for finding the leaked "Claires 9th"? lol

Offline AliKat4392

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 02:17:57 PM »
Again, I'm going to say that I don't think Claire's 9th has leaked. A rumor has spread because of this poorly worded sentence:

There is an adjective before each song title. This is a parallel sentence structure and each adjective only describes the song right after it. Upbeat applies only to picture window. Powerful applies only to Claire's 9th. And internet-leaked applies ONLY to Levi Johnston's Blues. It is the only one that had a demo.

If Claire's 9th had leaked, we would know.
"The public persona of a piano-playing geek has kept the mainstream mostly at bay. Keep it to yourself, but the nerd in the glasses is really a Rock God." -Times Online

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 05:09:50 PM »
Again, I'm going to say that I don't think Claire's 9th has leaked. A rumor has spread because of this poorly worded sentence:

There is an adjective before each song title. This is a parallel sentence structure and each adjective only describes the song right after it. Upbeat applies only to picture window. Powerful applies only to Claire's 9th. And internet-leaked applies ONLY to Levi Johnston's Blues. It is the only one that had a demo.

If Claire's 9th had leaked, we would know.
picture window had a demo....
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline AliKat4392

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 05:32:33 PM »
really? where? I thought all we've heard are bootlegs from concerts.

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »
Both "Levi" and "Picture" have had studio demos streamed online, the latter of which was featured on an Aussie magazine's website. "Levi" was on the Huffinton Post's site. Both were pretty low quality, but you got the idea. Can't wait to hear more!

Offline Jono11

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »
AliKat is right. Grammatically, there's no way that sentence suggests that Claire's 9th has leaked.

Offline Allison

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 06:39:31 AM »
as ali said - if it had leaked SOMEONE Of us would have it.

I don't think it's even been played live has it? (not keeping up really right now. too much work - and don't want to be tempted. ONE WEEK TIL I CAN LISTEN AGAIN)
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 08:18:57 AM »
Thus far, only Belinda, Levi's, and Picture Window have been played stateside. Someone in Australia posted a setlist a little while back with a track called "Your Dogs" in it, but most of us assumed it was just "Dog" and the listener wasn't familiar with the tune. It may have in fact been the first live performance of a new tune we've yet to get stateside. We've yet to hear "Clair's Ninth."

Offline Euan

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 01:01:07 PM »
Well "Your Dogs" is a song that should be on the album, so looks like it was probably played in australia perhaps.