Foldsby Album seems to be on track!

• 50 Replies
Re: Foldsby Album seems to be on track!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 10:30:42 AM »
Well, he announced that mixing had started on Feb 21st and from my own experience it usually doesn't take that long.  Should be able to have the album out by May.  The artwork and other details would/should have all be ironed out months ago.  You don't just do this stuff one piece at a time, they're all happening in various stages.

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »
ben tweeted today that the mixing is gonna have to hold off until after tour now.   :'(
oh well!  i'm, personally, jonesing for a live show, so i'm happy to see the man touring again.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 06:26:35 AM »
I'm kinda glad Ben and those involved are taking their time as far as the mix goes....Would be a shame if they hurried and it became another 'Way to Normal' recording levels/distortion problem...but then again that sorta turned into a plus cause we all got 'Stems and Seeds' to listen to and play with.
I like toast!

Offline Jono11

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 11:23:12 PM »
I'm kinda glad Ben and those involved are taking their time as far as the mix goes....Would be a shame if they hurried and it became another 'Way to Normal' recording levels/distortion problem...but then again that sorta turned into a plus cause we all got 'Stems and Seeds' to listen to and play with.
That wasn't because the production was hurried, though, was it?

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »
Nope.  It was the choices made by the producer.

Offline Eric

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 04:11:57 PM »
we've got an album title now, apparently: Picture Window.

Offline Luke8400

• for all my big mistakes
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 04:26:38 PM »
we've got an album title now, apparently: Picture Window.

Source?

Offline AlexKintzle

"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline Luke8400

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »
Yeah I know but I don't know where the f*ck it leaked to!
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 04:02:09 AM »
I like that they're saying that song titles "leaked."  Ben leaked them himself  ::)
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

Offline zinefiend

• this isn't a wine car!!
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 08:05:14 AM »
Nice. This article says that Claire's 9th has leaked?

I think that's a typo.  There's some discussion about it going over on this thread: http://www.thesuburbs.org.uk/Board/index.php?topic=5931.msg83915#new

Offline Luke8400

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »
Nice. This article says that Claire's 9th has leaked?

I think that's a typo.  There's some discussion about it going over on this thread: http://www.thesuburbs.org.uk/Board/index.php?topic=5931.msg83915#new

I read about it in that thread, but the sentence in this article is not so ambiguous:

A number of song titles have leaked, along with the songs themselves: “Levi Johnston's Blues,” “Picture Window” and “Claire's 9th” have all hit the web so far.

If it was only two out of the three songs that hit the web, they would have said "both" and not "all."

Either way, I don't think Claire's 9th has leaked, maybe they read the other article in question and assumed the same thing some of us did.

Offline AliKat4392

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 01:25:50 PM »
I think that's a typo.  There's some discussion about it going over on this thread: http://www.thesuburbs.org.uk/BoardEither way, I don't think Claire's 9th has leaked, maybe they read the other article in question and assumed the same thing some of us did.

That's exactly what I think happened
"The public persona of a piano-playing geek has kept the mainstream mostly at bay. Keep it to yourself, but the nerd in the glasses is really a Rock God." -Times Online

Offline perthgirl

• Up with this I will not put - Bernard Black
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 09:01:11 PM »
Best way to clear up the 'did it or didn't it?' leak question is for Ben to get on here and tell us where the hell we can find Claire's 9th.   Agreed?  Although he'd probably tell us we'll find it on the album...
It's easy to be easy and free when it doesn't mean anything...