NBC's The Sing-Off - Celebrity Judge?

• 128 Replies

Offline TrashSpork

Re: NBC's The Sing-Off - Celebrity Judge?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 01:58:15 PM »
I'm looking forward to this. Good way to further broaden Ben's fanbase which makes it more likely he will continue to make music. I'm a west coaster which means y'all east of the Rockies will probably see it either live and/or 3 hrs ahead of me and possibly longer for those on the other continents.
I like toast!

Offline Allison

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 04:05:04 PM »
OH GAWD.
 The third judge is announced: http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/about/nicole.shtml

if i wasn't throwing up before, i sure am now.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 05:09:49 PM »
OH GAWD.
 The third judge is announced: http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/about/nicole.shtml

if i wasn't throwing up before, i sure am now.
agreed im still gonna watch to see ben on TV though.....
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline Allison

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 06:20:31 PM »
oh yeah, absolutely watching, i just hope it's not like pulling teeth

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 07:23:36 PM »
besides as long as shes not singing.......cant be too horrible?
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline Allison

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »
I just worry how much of this is a publicity stunt. The cast of judges & host all make sense together, except Ben. He's kinda random. And the average viewer is gonna have no f*cking clue who he is. Though they will know the name of the bands, at least, for the other three members of the cast.

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 08:21:08 PM »
I think that more people know who he is than they think they do or at least heard of him or his music. i mean they wouldn't a small, city wide known singer on the show i mean the man is internationally famous, while yes the other three may seem more logical i do believe then ben has more experience going into this than probably all of the other people. The man has played with god knows how many orchestras and done soooo many collaborations i think those are some of the reasons they might've chosen him but i could be wrong...but i don't think its a publicity stunt....but hey thats just me

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 08:32:22 PM »
oh yeah, absolutely watching, i just hope it's not like pulling teeth

hey pulling teeth is the best! i guess thats what makes me sadistic. but seriously folks.
getting teeth pulled aint bad either... i guess that would make me a sadomasochist...
it wont make me stop listening to ben if the show sucks.
i do hope ben translates well.

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2009, 08:21:58 AM »
Are we really speculating as to why he was chosen for and agreed to do this? The man has a passion for acapella groups.

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »
Are we really speculating as to why he was chosen for and agreed to do this? The man has a passion for acapella groups.
agreed

Offline Allison

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2009, 06:19:54 PM »

i don't speculate why ben was chosen, more so on the other participants. ben is a logical choice. i am a bit surprised he agreed to do it with his anxiety being on tv.

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2009, 11:10:19 PM »
i think he was a very logical choice. he's got plenty of experience with the kind of singing they're doing, so he'll be a really good judge. im also personally happy that he's going to be getting some exposure to the masses. not to say he's unknown, but considering how talented the man is, you'd think his record sales would be a little higher. i hope this keys more people into his next solo album with Nick Hornby so that it gets the attention it deserves.

Offline Allison

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2009, 05:47:44 PM »
yeah, i'm just worried about the integrity of the show given the rest of the cast, and nbc's penchant for taking a good idea and totally f*ckin it up.

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2009, 11:48:06 AM »
My TiVo season pass which should record anything containing the string 'Ben Folds' didn't find it on it's own so I had to do a manual search of 'sing off' to set it in the record que! Looking forward to the 'Ben Moments' of the show.
I like toast!

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »

i don't speculate why ben was chosen, more so on the other participants. ben is a logical choice. i am a bit surprised he agreed to do it with his anxiety being on tv.

I would figure that being an expert on the matter would help overcome that anxiety, especially having dealt with so many different groups just last year.
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"