Ben Folds Tourist Trip

• 21 Replies

Offline zinefiend

• this isn't a wine car!!
Ben Folds Tourist Trip
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:45:00 PM »
Hey guys, particularly you folks that went to the reunion concert.  My fiance and I are going to Disney on our honeymoon and are using Chapel Hill as a halfway stopping point on the journey.  It works pretty well distance-wise, but I'm geeking out because it's Folds country.  Therefore:

(1) what do I absolutely need to see?
(2) give me a few geeky places where I can take my picture at (like "hey, this was mentioned in this song!")
(3) what's there to do in that town?

Offline Allison

Re: Ben Folds Tourist Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:17:08 PM »
ONE. Eat at Pepper's Pizza.
127 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC

TWO; 107 Isley St, Chapel Hill, NC 27516 (Whatever And Ever House)

THREE. Just walk through campus and geek out over the fact that Rosemary and Cameron do not intersect, but run parallel.

All three are really near each other. Franklin runs parallel to Rosemary and Cameron (it's the street in between) and just take a jaunt down Columbia to get to the WaEA house..... Mitchell Lane also intersects with Rosemary right nearby.  I suppose you could also go to Memorial Hall where the reunion happened.

If you drive through Winston-Salem stop at the hospital on Silas Creek Parkway.

Also, check to see if one of Chuck's many bands is playing the night you'll be in town.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »

THREE. Just walk through campus and geek out over the fact that Rosemary and Cameron do not intersect, but run parallel.

All three are really near each other. Franklin runs parallel to Rosemary and Cameron (it's the street in between) and just take a jaunt down Columbia to get to the WaEA house..... Mitchell Lane also intersects with Rosemary right nearby.  I suppose you could also go to Memorial Hall where the reunion happened.

Also, check to see if one of Chuck's many bands is playing the night you'll be in town.

i agree with all of this.  especially the last statement.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline Allison

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:34:05 PM »
note. mel and i have not been to the whatever house.

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 01:57:59 AM »
all of the above.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline Luke8400

• for all my big mistakes
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 05:50:30 AM »
I wasn't considering going to Chapel Hill this summer; now I am.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 06:43:34 AM »
Just curious, is Peppers Pizza somewhere the band use to eat?

Have a good time at Disney World, love it there!

Offline Allison

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 12:16:26 AM »
No idea, but Pepper's has a portrait of Ben on the wall.

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 01:45:44 AM »

and it's where ben and co. ate before the reunion.   :)
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline Aaron

• "I'm pissed off but I'm too polite"
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 06:04:01 PM »

Also, if you happen to be at Silas Creek Parkway, go to the Record Exchange there. They have a poster of BFF signed by all 3 hanging up on their wall. (Note: They're not selling it. We tried. :'()
HOLY CRAP!!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 12:03:28 AM »

Also, if you happen to be at Silas Creek Parkway, go to the Record Exchange there. They have a poster of BFF signed by all 3 hanging up on their wall. (Note: They're not selling it. We tried. :'()
that made me laugh.

i'm pretty sure that ben's eaten there before. he commented about how he thought the pizza was good when he was walking out.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

Offline Allison

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 11:05:37 AM »

and it's where ben and co. ate before the reunion.   :)
and before the show in cary last may. cause he said they ate there from stage and we were like.... US TOO. damnit.

Offline AliKat4392

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 06:55:32 PM »

I feel like such a horrible fan. I haven't the slightest clue what the significance of any of this is.
"The public persona of a piano-playing geek has kept the mainstream mostly at bay. Keep it to yourself, but the nerd in the glasses is really a Rock God." -Times Online

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 07:39:59 PM »

I feel like such a horrible fan. I haven't the slightest clue what the significance of any of this is.
*facepalm*

i understand, but really you should know this.

Offline Allison

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »

pepper's pizza is just fun cause they have a portrait of ben on the wall as a famous musician from the area (they really should have darren and robert there too, but siiiiiiiigh).

they recorded, speaking of bf5, whatever and ever in ben's house. which is 107 isley st in chapel hill. obv important. i've never been but it'd be kinda funny to see. (seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJF-65F3_gs)

then rosemary and cameron are streets and in kate he says that they intersect, but, they do not.