Burbs chat with Ben

• 108 Replies

Offline Allison

Burbs chat with Ben
« on: April 24, 2009, 11:24:38 PM »
Comments, thoughts? Ideas?

I have a few things I'd like to state that I thought we could improve on from the PFofJ chat.

One; I think it's kinda silly to quote Ben back to himself. Obviously he wrote the words, he understands.

Two; while silly questions can be great, let's try not to consume ourselves with them. We would like to learn a thing or two, right?

Three; while trying to find out if Ben remembers you is great and all, we will likely only have an hour with the man, so "BEN- We met in Assville, I wore a brown shirt, remember?!?!" one; he can't see your face, so probably no, two, if everyone is doing that, sigh, it's a waste of time. Ben is pretty good at remembering people, but probably needs to see your face to do so.

Four; Let's try not to repeat questions? Please? in the PFofJ chat the question about Emaline came up three times... in an HOUR. NO; It's not about a horse. NO; they have no idea if/when The Bens'll get back together. They're too busy. If you have any other questions that you think we the fanbase might be able to answer, ask away! (PS. Brick is about an abortion, ben and his hs gf got)

Five; the date is TUESDAY NIGHT at 7-8 PM Eastern Time. 
You will need to register an account in advance at http://benfoldsacappella.ning.com/
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Aaron

• "I'm pissed off but I'm too polite"
Re: Burbs chat with Ben
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 06:00:58 AM »
Six; the tentative date is TUESDAY NIGHT at 7-8 PM CST.  WATCH THIS SPACE AND THE HOME PAGE FOR DETAILS.
Yay!!!
I guess I'll have to do my homework early...sucks.
HOLY CRAP!!!!

Offline AliKat4392

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 06:52:13 AM »
Nice.
That stuff was driving me CRAZY.
I'm really excited for this, I think it will be much less chaotic.
I knew this was going to end up being the night before my final paper was due. Oh well. This is way more important.
"The public persona of a piano-playing geek has kept the mainstream mostly at bay. Keep it to yourself, but the nerd in the glasses is really a Rock God." -Times Online

Offline ClareQuilty

• Yep. This is I.
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 07:43:27 AM »
haha! What luck for me. I was worried it was going to be Monday, and that I'd miss it because, well, I'd be sleeping on a bus on the way home from seeing him play. LOL.
As you know I hang upside down in a dark closet like a bat until summoned.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 08:03:12 AM »
oh awesome! very exited for this. gotta start thinkin of questions to ask..

Offline NKR89

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 11:26:08 PM »
I have a question. This may seem really weird, but I've been wanting to find out for the longest time.

I know you've seen this, Allison..but I just want to know if Ben has seen my Tom & Mary music video on youtube I made about a year ago...and what he thought of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ9e10wzfaQ

Is it possible to ask him?

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 12:14:13 AM »
Is it possible to ask him?
it's very possible that he's seen it. he youtube's himself sometimes, so it's very likely it might have shown up.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline Fongolia

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 12:50:03 AM »
Crap, gotta work that night-- keep a transcript!  I do have a few potential questions (or let me know if these have been answered somewhere else):

1) What was the real story with the cruise cancellation (the official e-mail sounded a little BS) and will that ever happen again?

2) What's Ben's involvement (if any) with his fan club and at what point did he realize (if at all) how much it sucked and ripped off fans during those first couple years?

on a less whiny note:

3) Do you ever run into Jack White in Nashville?  More seriously, what is it about Nashville (stereotypically associated with country music) that has brought an eclectic assortment of musicians such as yourself, White, Sheryl Crow, Kelly Clarkson, and others to settle there?  I know you and White both have your own studios there and it makes me want to vacation there someday.

Offline Allison

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 12:53:52 AM »
1- Didn't sell well enough. I think that he said that in the last chat, and we decided we were gonna have a blimp vacation instead, cause Ben doesn't like boats.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Jebus

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 01:13:08 AM »
My only question would be : Any chance of a proper UK tour, play down south if possible :D

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 01:41:06 AM »
Is it 19:00 CST or 19:00 CDT? Some of us aren't in America (you know, this site being a British one and all) and would appreciate a UTC time so we can work out when it's happening.

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 02:07:02 AM »
f*ck i just realized i'll be having practice on this night. damn.

if i think of something worthwhile, i'll post it.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 09:39:35 AM »
Is it 19:00 CST or 19:00 CDT? Some of us aren't in America (you know, this site being a British one and all) and would appreciate a UTC time so we can work out when it's happening.

CST, so 1 am for us. And I feel your pain regarding that and the fact that we're a UK site, but the timing was to do with fitting Ben's schedule as it's a show day. Please send any questions to us if you can't stay up that late and we'll get them to Ben.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 10:26:44 AM »
so is that 8-9 eastern time for somewhere like philadelphia?

nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 10:44:52 AM »
Eastern time is +1 hour from cst. So, it's be 8-9 for you, if I'm not mistaken.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/