More on the Has Been documentary.

• 4 Replies

Offline Allison

More on the Has Been documentary.
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:37:26 AM »
http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1142309/

HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Feb 27, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- BSEG | news | PowerRating | PR Charts -- Big Screen Entertainment Group (OTC:BSEG) is proud to announce that it has inked a deal to co-produce and distribute a new documentary from William Shatner.

The documentary chronicles choreographer Margo Sappington and the Milwaukee Ballet Company's quest to create a new ballet based upon Mr. Shatner's critically acclaimed album, "Has Been." Mr. Shatner co-wrote the album with producer/singer/songwriter Ben Folds, and performed most of the songs on the album, with support from such diverse artists as Henry Rollins, Aimee Mann, Joe Jackson, Brad Paisley and Lemon Jelly.

"This documentary is very unique. I really don't think there's anything else quite like it," stated BSEG CEO Kimberley Kates. "Many of the lyrics from 'Has Been' are of a very personal and poignant nature, and to have those songs interpreted into dance, especially ballet, is quite remarkable to see."

Primarily shot in and around Milwaukee, Wisconsin by local production company Special Entertainment, Big Screen and Five Star recently filmed additional footage with Mr. Shatner and his wife Elizabeth at the Falcon Theater in Burbank, California.

"This piece will show a different side of William Shatner, and touches upon details about his life and career that have not been revealed before," said BSEG President David Zappone. "When you add in never before seen footage and information about this legendary television icon, you have the makings of a fascinating documentary."

Big Screen and Five Star will distribute the doc directly under their new, soon to be announced distribution banner.

While perhaps best known as "Star Trek's" "Captain James T. Kirk," Mr. Shatner currently plays "Denny Crane" on ABC's "Boston Legal," a role for which he has won several Emmys, and was recently nominated for a Golden Globe.

The project is scheduled for completion in May 2008.

http://www.bigscreenentertainmentgroup.com/Projects/Projects_Completed/%22William_Shatners_Gonzo_Ballet%22/

About BSEG:

Big Screen Entertainment Group (BSEG) is a full service entertainment company designed to develop, produce, purchase, exhibit and distribute products in all media formats, including motion pictures, television, music, publishing, video games and cell phone content.

Forward-Looking Statements:

A number of statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including timely development, and market acceptance of products and technologies, competitive market conditions, successful integration of acquisitions and the ability to secure additional sources of financing. When used in this press release, words such as "could," "plan," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "potential," "should," and similar expressions are forward looking statements.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
Re: More on the Has Been documentary.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 02:34:58 PM »
Wait, so is it a documentary or a ballet?
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Allison

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 04:05:16 PM »
I think it's a documentary on the ballet that happened last year.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Allison

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 01:59:54 PM »
I would make the time to watch something like this.
I like toast!