Ben in Northwest? What?

• 21 Replies

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
Ben in Northwest? What?
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:39:26 PM »
Don't know if it's really been confirmed yet, but I was looking at an events calendar for the Roseland Theatre in Portland, Or, and at the very bottom of the page it listed Ben for 5/15/09.

Oh god do I want this to be true. I haven't REALLY seen Ben and the boys since 2005 (also at the Roseland).
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline girschwin

Re: Ben in Northwest? What?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 09:46:04 PM »
Damn.  If that's true I am going to be ANNOYED to the max.  I'm flying cross-country to Portland... in April!  I will be there EXACTLY one month before that show! To the DAY!  Butts.

Of course, I'm really happy for you.  Ben never seems to make it to the northwest... and if you haven't seen him since '05 you're certainly due for another Ben concert. 

For your sake, I hope this listing is accurate! And for my sake, I hope it's off by a month! C'mon, Ben, come to Portland in APRIL 2009, not MAY!

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 09:47:51 PM »
A Ben show in the Northwest! You have my attention! Very cool. Have to keep a vigilant eye out for a possible fan-club presale. :)
I like toast!

Offline Allison

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 10:08:00 PM »
oooo Chloe i hope they're coming to you. won't have to have jared apologize to you on the phone.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 10:25:35 PM »
Damn.  If that's true I am going to be ANNOYED to the max.  I'm flying cross-country to Portland... in April!  I will be there EXACTLY one month before that show! To the DAY!  Butts.

Of course, I'm really happy for you.  Ben never seems to make it to the northwest... and if you haven't seen him since '05 you're certainly due for another Ben concert. 

For your sake, I hope this listing is accurate! And for my sake, I hope it's off by a month! C'mon, Ben, come to Portland in APRIL 2009, not MAY!

oh! i'm sorry! that really sucks! but thanks for your kind words!

oooo Chloe i hope they're coming to you. won't have to have jared apologize to you on the phone.

he'll have to apologize in person this time ;)
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 11:18:42 AM »
UPDATE: so i checked ticketswest.com today and it FINALLY had Ben listed for may 15th at the roseland theater in portland, oregon. it has the icon to buy tix, but it says they go on sale march 20th. tickets are $30 for general admission.

YAY!

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 02:13:09 PM »
UPDATE: so i checked ticketswest.com today and it FINALLY had Ben listed for may 15th at the roseland theater in portland, oregon. it has the icon to buy tix, but it says they go on sale march 20th. tickets are $30 for general admission.

YAY!
i bet you're as giddy as i was when i heard he was coming to knoxville. i literally ran around my house screaming.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline Allison

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »

YAY!

YAY IT'S BEEN SO LONG FOR YOU. I is happy. ;D
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 03:49:19 PM »

YAY!

A trip up to Seattle and then over to Spokane and perhaps Pullman wouldn't be too much effort for Ben and the boys to make after their Portland visit now would it!? Glad to hear you are able to make the Portland show.  :)
I like toast!

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 09:46:33 PM »

YAY!

YAY IT'S BEEN SO LONG FOR YOU. I is happy. ;D

hehe! I'm SOOOOOO happy. i don't care if i'm missing the first night of the school musical. THIS IS BEN MUTHEREFFING FOLDS!

Offline MikePigneguy (Kipp)

• Music is good.
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 09:58:20 PM »

YAY!

A trip up to Seattle and then over to Spokane and perhaps Pullman wouldn't be too much effort for Ben and the boys to make after their Portland visit now would it!?

And then how hard would it be to go down south a little bit to California or Arizona or Nevada?
Hint hint.
Life is "Oh my God, if I tell him, he'll tell her, and then she will know I like her!"

Offline MikePigneguy (Kipp)

• Music is good.
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 11:45:37 AM »
BEST DAY EVER!
FOX THEATER OAKLAND CALIFORNIA JUST ADDED TO THE TOUR!
Stoked.
Even though that's seven hours away, it'll be an amazing road trip. I'll even get to stop by San Fransisco!
Life is "Oh my God, if I tell him, he'll tell her, and then she will know I like her!"

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »
has he ever gone to Idaho? honestly is it THAT hard? I just hope for another Salt Lake this year.

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 04:45:09 PM »
well my last show will probably be the ryman in nashville i'm going to try and buy tickets tonight. hopefully he comes back through some more.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline girschwin

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 09:07:49 PM »

YAY!

I'm happy for you!  Much as I really freakin' wish he'd come to Portland in April, you deserve to see him.  What has it been, 5 years or something?! Too long.

Felicitations on your upcoming Ben show :)