Pittsburgh (2-16-09) Setlist?

• 10 Replies

Offline erries

Pittsburgh (2-16-09) Setlist?
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:36 AM »
Does anyone have the setlist from the show in Pittsburgh last night? I was there, and I jotted down what I could remember afterward. Here's what I have from memory:

1. Effington
2. Brainwascht
3. You Don't Know Me
4. Annie Waits
5. Alice Childress
6. Way To Normal
7. Dr. Yang (alternate version followed by album version)
8. Cologne
9. You To Thank
10. Landed
11. Free Coffee
12. Hiroshima
14. Fred Jones Part 2
15. Brick
16. Lullabye
17. Emaline
18. Kylie From Connecticut
22. Bitch Went Nutz (alternate version)

Encore

I know three of the songs between 19 and 23 were "Zak and Sara", "Rockin' the Suburbs", and "Army", but I'm not sure of the placement or order. Also, there might've been more than two songs in the encore; we left after the second one.

If you can help me fill in the blanks, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Erica

Offline Allison

Re: Pittsburgh (2-16-09) Setlist?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:13:23 AM »
Steve did (he called me after last nights show) he'll be around eventually to post it - doesn't have easy internet access or somethin
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:34:00 AM »
What the -

I didn't know I wasn't registered on these boards. Oh well.

Effington
Brainwascht
You Don't Know Me
Annie Waits
Alice Childress
Way To Normal
Dr. Yang (F)
Dr. Yang
Before Cologne
Cologne
You To Thank
Landed
Free Coffee
Hiroshima
Summer B

Fred Jones Part 2
Brick
Lullaby
Emaline
Kylie From Connecticut

Zak and Sara
Rockin' The Suburbs
Bitch Went Nutzz
Army

Kate
Fair
Not The Same

Offline Allison

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:41:53 AM »
i know they've been playing summer b a lot recently. but i get excited every time i see it on the set list.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:44:32 AM »
Annie Waits and alice childress should be on there, its before fake WTN. I don't know why it got omitted, sorry. I edited the post to reflect that

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »
I think Fair has been on every set list so far.  That's one of my must-see songs as I've never seen Ben or the Five do it live.  Lets hope it stays in the mix for the Durham, NC show...please!

Offline erries

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 11:37:03 AM »
Thanks so much for filling in the blanks for me, pandaman! I appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Erica

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 11:42:26 AM »
Wow, 8 BFF tracks, seems like the good ol' Five numbers increase recently. That's really great! So if there's an average number of 2 BFF-songs ascending per month, Ben's concerts will be consisting solely of Five tunes by late summer  ;D

But seriously, I'd appreciate it pretty much if Ben would incorporate some more BFF tunes and A LOT more "Silverman" (mostly from the latter half) and EP stuff. I'm kinda bored of current setlists mainly because of the WTN stuff.

Offline Allison

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 11:47:57 AM »
Wow, 8 BFF tracks, seems like the good ol' Five numbers increase recently. That's really great! So if there's an average number of 2 BFF-songs ascending per month, Ben's concerts will be consisting solely of Five tunes by late summer  ;D

But seriously, I'd appreciate it pretty much if Ben would incorporate some more BFF tunes and A LOT more "Silverman" (mostly from the latter half) and EP stuff. I'm kinda bored of current setlists mainly because of the WTN stuff.

hahahahaha. i do like to see an increase in bff tunes. 27 songs is a great amount too. energizer bunny ben - are shows i adore. :) i understand the wtn overload - as it's still not even a year old album. tho i too, would like to see songs like Sentimental Guy pop up. Sam would too. We talked about this in Chicago in October, he doesn't know why it isn't in the sets.

Offline Sepia

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 10:56:44 AM »
27 songs is a great amount too. energizer bunny ben - are shows i adore.

Yeah, it was great...they just kept em coming!   This show was full of energy too...much more than in Baltimore.  Wonder if it was because they were in town the day before?  ...and he even threw in two improv'ed songs to boot...hoping someone got them on tape...errr recorded them!

Offline Seth

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 01:39:21 PM »
OHHH, I wanna See Summer B... saw it once at BF5, but I love hearing it live.  Hope he brings that one to Knoxville or Atlanta.
The-artist-formerly-known-as-crimsontide029

http://www.last.fm/user/crimsontide029