Your Remixes!

• 235 Replies
Re: Your Remixes!
« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2009, 09:07:22 AM »
Hey everyone,

I've had a go at mixing the real and fake versions of cologne. I always wanted a version with the strings and the choir  ;D

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2009, 01:03:47 AM »
I've had a go at mixing the real and fake versions of cologne. I always wanted a version with the strings and the choir  ;D

An idea that crossed my mind, and you've done it brilliantly! Can we have a higher quality (192kbps) MP3 please? It'll probably be too big to attach to the board, so throw it in an email and I'll upload it to wokeup for everyone.

The end really put me in mind of Sigur Ros, which I'd never though about Cologne before, but it does have some elements of the 'Ros about it.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Michal

« Reply #182 on: March 07, 2009, 08:44:22 PM »
Had some fun playing with Free Coffee this weekend. May adjust some of the EQ settings a little later.

http://www.box.net/shared/nbegpthejq
~Michal

Offline Brooooke

• "I'm pulling this out of my ass just for you!"
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2009, 12:22:09 AM »
finally got that mix program, maybe i'll try to come up with sooooomething.

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2009, 12:43:28 AM »

An idea that crossed my mind, and you've done it brilliantly! Can we have a higher quality (192kbps) MP3 please? It'll probably be too big to attach to the board, so throw it in an email and I'll upload it to wokeup for everyone.

The end really put me in mind of Sigur Ros, which I'd never though about Cologne before, but it does have some elements of the 'Ros about it.

~A
this is brilliant, but i have to agree with andy we needs a higher quality sound!! i wasn't sure about that until i heard ben's voice almost warp. it freaked me out.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline zipthunk

« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2009, 10:13:23 AM »
So here's my You Don't Know Me.  The original is such a great recording!  Wasn't anything to improve on.

Enjoy and again , my apologies to Ben \m/

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=59a0ecf860dc1a33bda4076e811714c8e04e75f6e8ebb871

« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2009, 11:27:32 AM »

~A
this is brilliant, but i have to agree with andy we needs a higher quality sound!! i wasn't sure about that until i heard ben's voice almost warp. it freaked me out.

I think I've sent a higher quality version to andy now :) the crappy one was all that would fit on the messgae board.

« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2009, 04:11:08 PM »
so i need to know wehre teh extra sound bites are from in your You ODnt kNow me (it sound kinda liek "Its comming up" from gorillaz.)
and that one at 1:55 ish in the faster disco brainwashed remix. they bith soudn familiar, i liek it.

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2009, 04:16:04 PM »
so i need to know wehre teh extra sound bites are from in your You ODnt kNow me (it sound kinda liek "Its comming up" from gorillaz.)
and that one at 1:55 ish in the faster disco brainwashed remix. they bith soudn familiar, i liek it.
it is 'it's coming up'.

why is this such a good song? really i mean it, i'm loving this new drum beat i can almost hear congo's behind it.

or a bigger congo drum part in the back ground in my head is what i meant.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline zipthunk

« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »

I'm mixing these thru Logic Studio.  I just have a huge database of loops and such.  I never heard "It's Coming Up" but I would guess, if it is, in fact, the same loop in that song, they got it from the same place i did.

« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2009, 06:35:04 PM »
ok the you dont know remix has the "its comming up", but what about the barainwashed one at 1:55, thats the one that bothers me.

Offline Michal

« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2009, 06:43:02 PM »
...isn't that just Underground by Ben Folds Five?
~Michal

Offline zipthunk

« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2009, 06:44:41 PM »
ok the you dont know remix has the "its comming up", but what about the barainwashed one at 1:55, thats the one that bothers me.

Ah ... gotcha.

That's a combination of 2 things.  

1.  I played electric guitar on it.  It's me sliding my pick up against the string.  I had tons of delay on the guitar so it sorta squeaked in tempo
2.  I copied Darren Jesse saying "I was never cool in school" from Underground

Glad you noticed!

« Reply #193 on: March 09, 2009, 03:42:04 PM »
oh,i dont even have to play it i can hear it in my head. That's sweet.

Offline Drawed

« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2009, 05:41:40 PM »
So I'm uploading the solo versions I made onto mediafire... and it's going to take approximately 45984516765.99 minutes because they're all WAVs  ;D :D :) :-\ :P

Anyway here's the cover art:

If you can ball like me, it ainít make no difference what team you at