http://www.crossroadskc.com/

5/30/09 - Grinders Kansas City, MO

day before my birthday 9q32iqw9eri3rj

eff yes

Offline MikePigneguy (Kipp)

• Music is good.
Re: 2009 Tour Dates
« Reply #256 on: March 11, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »
What do you think the chances are of Ben coming down to the San Diego/Los Angeles area sometime around when he's in Oakland?
I really want to go to another one of his concerts soon, but I really don't wanna make that drive if another concert closer to home gets posted.
Gaaaaaah. I hate decisions.

(Oh, and 200th post. Time to celebrate with bagel bites.)
Life is "Oh my God, if I tell him, he'll tell her, and then she will know I like her!"

Offline Aaron

• "I'm pissed off but I'm too polite"
« Reply #257 on: March 11, 2009, 09:10:20 PM »
Congratulations on your 200th post!!!!!!!
Enjoy those bagel bites.
HOLY CRAP!!!!

• Music is good.
« Reply #258 on: March 11, 2009, 10:05:47 PM »
Congratulations on your 200th post!!!!!!!
Enjoy those bagel bites.

Haha thanks. They were delicious and very fililng
Life is "Oh my God, if I tell him, he'll tell her, and then she will know I like her!"

Offline Allison

« Reply #259 on: March 12, 2009, 05:38:42 AM »
What do you think the chances are of Ben coming down to the San Diego/Los Angeles area sometime around when he's in Oakland?
I really want to go to another one of his concerts soon, but I really don't wanna make that drive if another concert closer to home gets posted.

Is it assigned seating? If so, buy the ticket(s), in case there isn't another. If it's GA you can probably wait a week or so. UNLESS. You're a BFFC'r and want to enter the Meet and Greet competition.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #260 on: March 12, 2009, 08:06:59 AM »
jeez ben's really hitting most of the states this tour. he mostly tends to play one area during a tour, most of the time the midwest, but man he's really hitting every part of the US this year.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

• Music is good.
« Reply #261 on: March 12, 2009, 09:31:57 AM »

Is it assigned seating? If so, buy the ticket(s), in case there isn't another. If it's GA you can probably wait a week or so. UNLESS. You're a BFFC'r and want to enter the Meet and Greet competition.

Nope, it's GA, and I'm not in the fan club so I'll wait. Thanks for the advice!

Offline Allison

« Reply #262 on: March 12, 2009, 08:04:33 PM »
jeez ben's really hitting most of the states this tour. he mostly tends to play one area during a tour, most of the time the midwest, but man he's really hitting every part of the US this year.

We're still in Way to Normal touring, we haven't hit the in between record lull for the rest of the country yet. Which is when he kicks into just the areas he'll likely sell out. IE: The Midwest.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline ClareQuilty

• Yep. This is I.
« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2009, 10:51:13 PM »
I'll see you there, Lynn! I got my VIP tix on the 7th and can't wait for another hometown show!

Oh hey, I'm not dead.

Sweet - long time, no see - can't wait! Are you going to Omaha? We're hoping to get to Omaha somewhere around 2:30.
Yes, he is.

As he's likely to crawl back into his cave again.

BFFC Announced
4/26/09 - Syracuse University Carrier Dome (Syracuse, NY)

Now THIS might work. If it's Gen. Admission, I'll def. make an actual effort to go to this one.
As you know I hang upside down in a dark closet like a bat until summoned.

« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2009, 07:12:09 AM »

We're hoping he announces some more shows out that way around that time, too - we haven't done a road trip west of Missouri yet, and the drive from KC to California would be so pretty...

Yes, I know. We're sort of insane.

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2009, 08:34:06 AM »
Oh it is quite pretty... Ya goitta let me know if that happens!

Offline Rogo47

« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2009, 09:07:01 AM »
I was just in Atlantic City and saw three promos, one an awesome video on one of the big billboard screens, for the show at House of Blues.  I'm sure it's been mentioned but I didn't know Hotel Lights would be opening! Thought I would express my enthusiasm as I have never Darren in action.  Maybe I'll get to play some blackjack with Ben. 

• Music is good.
« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2009, 09:21:21 AM »

We're hoping he announces some more shows out that way around that time, too - we haven't done a road trip west of Missouri yet, and the drive from KC to California would be so pretty...

You don't even know how happy I am right now. Ben just announced a 5/20 show at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles!
YES!

« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2009, 09:38:17 AM »

You don't even know how happy I am right now. Ben just announced a 5/20 show at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles!
YES!

Okay, so that's Oakland on 5/17, and Los Angeles on 5/20. If he puts another show in between those two, we're gonna do it. ANNOUNCE ONE MORE SHOW, DAMMIT!

• Music is good.
« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2009, 11:11:01 AM »

YES!

Okay, so that's Oakland on 5/17, and Los Angeles on 5/20. If he puts another show in between those two, we're gonna do it. ANNOUNCE ONE MORE SHOW, DAMMIT!

Haha.  I'm really hoping he does a show in San Diego. I would be so stoked. Two Ben Folds shows within a 2 hour driving distance? That would be the best thing ever.