Way to Normal: Stems and Seeds! (SPOILERS-ish)

• 259 Replies

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
Re: Way to Normal: Stems and Seeds! (SPOILERS-ish)
« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »
In Australia and got my S&S today.  I must say, I know jack shit about music recording and the like, but I can say that there's a noticeable difference in some of the songs.  Going on first impressions, Kylie and Hiroshima sound the most different and improved.

The damn case perplexed me, though.  I assumed it was like most 2 CD sets where you flip it over from right to left to get the second disc, but nooooo.  You have to fold it out from left to right to get the second CD which is pretty much pressing against the back cover.  CURSE YOU, MORE EFFICIENT PACKAGING WITH WHICH I AM NOT FAMILIAR!
we've had that forever here in the states, though i have to say i was slightly thrown wondering which it was.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2009, 10:15:09 AM »
What got me is the hinge on the left. Usually I pop the hinge on the bottom so I don't have to rip the sticker on the top of the CD case, but THIS damn thing had pins with a bevelled edge that had to be pushed UP then out to take the cover off.
Needless to say I broke it.  >:(

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #257 on: February 20, 2009, 02:08:45 PM »
What got me is the hinge on the left. Usually I pop the hinge on the bottom so I don't have to rip the sticker on the top of the CD case, but THIS damn thing had pins with a bevelled edge that had to be pushed UP then out to take the cover off.
i was afraid of doing something like that so i took it easy on my case.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »
i was afraid of doing something like that so i took it easy on my case.

I got over-excited. Call me lazy, but I wanted it open. NOW. Damn ADHD

Offline arloj

« Reply #259 on: February 23, 2009, 09:31:10 PM »
Just gone mine today! (Revelstoke, BC, Canada). Came with a "Bitches Ain't Shit" sticker, a smaller.. um... dental (?) sticker, a case of photos, an "official fan club" lanyard, the two-disc CD with the signed insert.

I'm not much of a sticker person, but I have to say, I finally have an urge to put a sticker on my snowboard. :)

Checking out the Stems disc now... can't wait to see if anybody pulls off some crazy stuff with it.

Hmmmm... Microsoft Songsmith anyone? :) :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZvLprEIpw