Random Ramblings III

• 1770 Replies

Offline AliKat4392

Re: Random Ramblings III
« Reply #1740 on: January 26, 2010, 04:49:57 PM »
ZOMG!!!! I just found out that my school is putting on One Down: The Ben Folds Musical!! I can't believe it! I'll make a thread for it when I find out details, for any one in the Boston area that wants to see it. They haven't started casting yet, so it will be a little while before I know anything more.
"The public persona of a piano-playing geek has kept the mainstream mostly at bay. Keep it to yourself, but the nerd in the glasses is really a Rock God." -Times Online

Offline zinefiend

• this isn't a wine car!!
« Reply #1741 on: January 26, 2010, 05:03:31 PM »
Whaaaaaaa-huh?  a Ben Folds musical?

Offline AliKat4392

« Reply #1742 on: February 04, 2010, 12:56:55 PM »
So I was just looking through some of the shared music libraries of people on my floor in my dorm. Someone has a song by Ben Folds called "Zack and Sarah."
"The public persona of a piano-playing geek has kept the mainstream mostly at bay. Keep it to yourself, but the nerd in the glasses is really a Rock God." -Times Online

« Reply #1743 on: February 04, 2010, 01:26:13 PM »
ha fail on them! do you think they have ever listened to the lyrics?

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #1744 on: February 04, 2010, 01:29:05 PM »
So I was just looking through some of the shared music libraries of people on my floor in my dorm. Someone has a song by Ben Folds called "Zack and Sarah."

Oh, god, that's beautiful.
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

Offline MikePigneguy (Kipp)

• Music is good.
« Reply #1745 on: February 05, 2010, 12:46:22 AM »

Oh, god, that's beautiful.

Hahahahahaha.
+1
Life is "Oh my God, if I tell him, he'll tell her, and then she will know I like her!"

Offline algonacchick

• Everywhere I go, damn, there I am
« Reply #1746 on: February 08, 2010, 03:48:27 PM »
I know I'm not that active here, but I just thought I'd update you all on what's going on with me lately. About a month ago, I had some seizure activity.This is something that hasn't happened to me for 20 years, and was thought by docs to be over. Guess they were wrong. Anyway, during one of these *there were several over two days*, I was standing, and fell. I dislocated my right shoulder. I kept telling my hubby my arm just wasn't right, but we didn't have it looked at for almost 3 weeks. x-rays at my family doc confirmed my shoulder was dislocated, so I had to see an orthopedic doc to discuss what to do. on Feb. 1st, I saw the ortho doc, and he sent us to the hospital same day to do what's called a closed reduction. That means he pushed my shoulder back in place with no incisions. I was put under, though. He put me in a sling, which I'm still wearing. We saw him again this past Friday. He said the procedure was successful and my shoulder is back in place. I see him again this Friday, where we'll discuss therapy. Hopefully, I'll be out of the sling. Learning to do things left-handed is a challenge, but I'm adjusting. I'm also seeing a neurologist, and I'm on seizure meds. I have an EEG coming up on the 15th, then I see him in the office the 25th. Busy, busy. I still have some pain since the procedure, but I guess having my shoulder pushed around was traumatic. I'm dealing, with vicodin and ice. So, yeah, that's the latest.
The music-business ship is going down, and Weird Al is standing on the bow, rockin' out ~ Ben Folds
www.myspace.com/bakerbobrules

Offline AliKat4392

« Reply #1747 on: February 08, 2010, 04:50:10 PM »
Oh Gosh, that's scary. I've never heard of it coming back after 20 years. I've been seizure free for almost two years and I'm hoping that I've outgrown it. I had no idea that it could come back like that. I hope everything gets better for you!

Offline AlexKintzle

« Reply #1748 on: February 08, 2010, 05:14:39 PM »
That sucks for both of you. I'm fortunate enough to be seizure free but I empathize for you guys..
"I'd like to say f*ck you in the nose, but i'm too evolved for that kind of thing now."-Ben Folds

Offline algonacchick

« Reply #1749 on: February 08, 2010, 05:54:40 PM »
yeah, it was a shock for everyone. I had some issues with memory loss for a few weeks after this as well. My hubby took care of things. I was really out of it. I honestly don't remember anything, especially about the seizures. I was told all about what happened, so this is based on what my hubby said. Example of memory loss: My son had a bike accident last October, and I could not remember anything about it. I remember it now, but it's really strange that I couldn't, since I tried to stop him. He had been drinking, and I didn't think he should go. I even stood in front of the bike, but he managed to get away from me anyway. He took off on his bike, hit a curb, and flew off, hitting the ground face first. His face was messed up. He still has scars. That's scary that I couldn't remember something like that. I may ask the neurologist about the memory loss. I'm hoping these seizure meds will be effective enough, because I really don't want to have any more seizures after all this.
The music-business ship is going down, and Weird Al is standing on the bow, rockin' out ~ Ben Folds

Offline Allison

« Reply #1750 on: February 09, 2010, 01:27:37 AM »
OH God, Patti that's scary! I'm glad you're doing better! I had wondered where you'd gotten off to, missed your tweets!
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline algonacchick

« Reply #1751 on: February 09, 2010, 03:23:56 AM »
aw,you missed me? yeah, just started back posting on twitter and stuff maybe 10 days ago. I don't like that the 2 weeks of my life before that are missing from my memory, though.  glad this is short term memory loss. I'd hate to forget the Folds show we saw together, but no worries. I remember. I think it's time for ice again on the shoulder. really never thought this would happen to me, but prognosis is good so far, so that's good. btw, typed all this with my left hand. getting good at this stuff!

Offline AliKat4392

« Reply #1752 on: February 10, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
In case you thought John Mayer couldn't make himself any more of a douche bag:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/10/john-mayer-apologizes-i-w_n_457445.html

Offline DAVID

• A little blurry, but his face is worth it!
« Reply #1753 on: February 10, 2010, 08:41:15 PM »
In case you thought John Mayer couldn't make himself any more of a douche bag:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/10/john-mayer-apologizes-i-w_n_457445.html

His comment seemed pretty legitimate when it's actually in context.  He was stupid to not realize the ramifications, but people are equally stupid for not realizing that all variety of derogatory words are used in non-negative or positive contexts as well.
"Wait, he said 'good things come to those who wait,' but you didn't wait too long" "Keep listening" Kristen, on me and "Bruised"

Offline algonacchick

« Reply #1754 on: February 13, 2010, 02:19:39 AM »
The latest on my shoulder:
Went to see Dr. Murphy yesterday about my shoulder. Took more x-rays, and my shoulder is still in place. He told me I only have to wear the sling at night, just to make sure I don't move my arm in any of the ways he said I shouldn't right now, which would be out to the side or up over my head. Otherwise, I can go without the sling during the day. Yay! I still have some pain, but he also did say I could start using my right arm to eat, and that I could work at a desk, since I wouldn't be raising my arm higher than my waist. He said the pain could be caused by the fact that I have that notch the ball joint in my shoulder, and that it's far enough in to be close to a nerve. He said that notch will never fill in totally, but it will heal somewhat. I see him again in 2 weeks, and we'll talk about therapy. I'm very pleased with this news.