making a music video

• 2 Replies

Offline zinefiend

• this isn't a wine car!!
making a music video
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:06:57 AM »
Hey guys, hope you don't mind a little self-whoring self-promotional thread.  Back in October at Ben's symphony show in Columbus, I met him outside of the show.  Before I realized what I was saying, I asked him if I could make a music video for him.  It was a very dorky, steamrolling type request (hi-here's-my-business-card-i-love-you-can-i-make-a-video-not-for-pay-but-because-i-like-you?" )  I was happily surprised when he was cool with the request. 

I had planned to start shooting after Thanksgiving before the weather got bad.  Thanks to Snowmageddon, the weather got bad right after Thanksgiving.  Granted, we didn't get dumped on like Philly and DC, but we got enough snow for me to get stranded in a car on the highway for 16 hours and enough for me to bitch about it. 

But I digress.  I've started shooting this month.  Today I'm doing a giant call for extras.  I know this is short notice unless you live in Columbus or closer.  I'll also need some extras/ minor character actors throughout the shoot.  If any of you Burbs ladies are interested, shoot me an email.  You can also check out my production company's site if you're interested in the extras call today or want more info in general:

http://apartment2bproductions.com/

Because my entertainment mentor hammered in the need to always proactively cover your ass, I want to note a few things. Ben isn't involved with the production other than to say he thought it was a cool idea.  I'm not getting any kind of compensation for this project, and Sony/Epic aren't affiliated with or endorsing it. 

Anyway, if you guys are interested in the project, I can give some updates during the shooting.  If not, keep calm and carry on.  Or get excited and make things.  I prefer the latter. 

Offline worldswillgrow

Re: making a music video
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 12:55:20 PM »
I wouldn't be able to be a part of this, but I would be very interested in updates! You're doing "Bitch Went Nuts," right? Would love to see this. Have fuuuuuun.

Offline zinefiend

• this isn't a wine car!!
Re: making a music video
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
You're doing "Bitch Went Nuts," right? Would love to see this. Have fuuuuuun.

Indeed I am!