CHAPEL HILL GET TOGETHER!??

• 95 Replies

Offline Allison

CHAPEL HILL GET TOGETHER!??
« on: September 10, 2008, 07:06:18 PM »
Come on now people. Surely we all want to meet each other and go.... EW YOU SOUND LIKE THAT!?!?

I propose we eat somewhere BF5 related/cheap.

I don't know much about the Chapel Hill area; except that Pepper's Pizza is very cheap, and there's a terrible picture of Ben on the wall.

127 E Franklin St
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 967-7766

If y'all wanna get together there, I'd say we should meet at what, 5? And I think we should probably call in advance to let them know how many of us are coming/how many pizzas to make in advance.

I'll be signing autographs for free. :P (jk jk jk jk..... they really cost 25 dollars :P)
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline speedy_the_drummer

• I'm a llama!
Re: CHAPEL HILL GET TOGETHER!??
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:19:12 PM »
i'm in!

and yes, it's a bad photo!

i can lead a tour to the house that Whatever and Ever Amen was recorded in! it's walking distance from peppers pizza!

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 07:39:03 PM »
i'm in!  le'duh!
no pizza for me though.  thank you.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline Allison

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:51:08 PM »
Mel, you can have a salad. (you and your silly wheat allergies)

And, speedy, that sounds like a great ol' idea! Never knew where that was when we've been in Chapel Hill before.

Offline speedy_the_drummer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 07:55:01 PM »
i just found it on google maps, looks the same as it did in the potty mouth video. there's a little truck outside of it in the street view that looks like darrens old one he pulls up in!

uk'er field trip!

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 07:58:35 PM »
The few times I've given "tours" of Chapel Hill...ummm...

- Cat's Cradle (which after the show I can say it was the location of the final US show before they split up instead of the "last show")
- Where the Hardback Cafe used to be
- Rosemary and Cameron Streets
- Mitchell Lane
- If you know where Go! Room 4 used to be (and whatever it's being called now), if you go down S. Merritt Mill there's a wall and some BFF promo photo was taken there

I've known people who have been to the WAEA house...I've never actually been back there.

I think that's about it.  Chapel Hill is pretty much just UNC and then if you keep driving east boom you're in Carrboro.  I always hate having to park in Chapel Hill...mainly because where I usually park I think the store manager will come and tow my car.  ::)

Offline Allison

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »
Well. Mel, Brooke and I accidentally had a hotel right off of Silas Creek Parkway in Winston-Salem once. Right across from the hospital. When the GPS told us that we needed to turn on Silas Creek Parkway we all kinda looked at each other and went; WHHHHAAAT? And then there was a hospital at the intersection and we all kinda geeked out about it.

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 08:47:08 PM »
I'll be eating there. Not sure what time though.
I know you're in there, I can see you. You're saying you're okay, I don't believe you.

Offline Seth

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 08:51:22 PM »
I might be able to come.... I can't leave until Thursday morning so it will depend on what time I get in town.
The-artist-formerly-known-as-crimsontide029

http://www.last.fm/user/crimsontide029

Offline sham.on

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 08:52:10 PM »
Sure, I'm in. I'll have two other people with me, too. And I'll have to figure out where the hell Pepper's is in relation to wherever we end up staying, haha. But I'm in!
"god bless both the internets"

last.fm  /  LJ

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 09:03:26 PM »
You know I'm in.
I'll be leaving that morning also so I might be a bit late.
Hopefully I'll leave at eleven and make it there by four so I can check in and the meet up with everybody.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline Rich

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 06:05:11 AM »
I'd be up for this if you'll have me. I've only just started posting on here regularly the last couple of weeks but I have been following this board since the beginning. It'd be good to meet you all.

Anyone else staying in the Chapel Hill Holiday Inn Express? Give me a shout if you are.

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 07:06:30 AM »
No, I don't want to meet up. Screw you guys. We're driving straight thru and sleeping in the car on the front sidewalk of Memorial Hall and eating fast food from wherever wwe stop for gas.

;D

I was looking at a map of UNC and found all those streets (Mitchell Lane, Rosemary, Cameron) so it's all close-by. f*ck parking there though, hopefully we can get into the free student lot to the south of the Hall and walk around if everyone is feeling limber. My old ass might need a wheelchair though.

I also proposed that we wear "Hello, my .org/Burbs name is......" stickers around town and to the concert, so we all know who we all are.  ;)

Offline Allison

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 07:12:47 AM »
Ahem.

I need no name tag. :P

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 08:29:50 AM »
i'll just wear a mini-skirt and people will know.   :P
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/