BEN FOLDS FIVE BACK FOR A SHOW!

• 580 Replies

Offline happybecca

Re: BEN FOLDS FIVE BACK FOR A SHOW!
« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2008, 03:28:30 PM »
IN FAIRNESS to the UNC students, one of the articles said that they camped outside for Ben solo tickets before, in violation of campus rules. I'd say that would make for some pretty hardcore Folds fans. While I'm not saying every UNC student will be on their best behaviour, the show *IS* in BF5's traditional home (Chapel Hill) so I'd *imagine* the band were local heroes of sorts.

What I'm trying to say is that I'd wager quite a few of the students there won't just be going because there's a gig on campus...

Yeah I think you hit the nail right on the head. A lot of students are pretty big fans, so this won't be your average college show.

when i went to ben folds at chapel hill 2 years ago the students were lame. they seemed really uninterested and looked at me and nick like we were crazy for being excited. they only sang along to uhhh...landed and whatever..i forget. hopefully they will be pumped this time
holla

Offline happybecca

« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2008, 03:32:28 PM »
OH GOD. IF someone yells for Rock this Bitch... I vote we hunt them down. And then punch them in the face.

I sure hope people aren't stupid and yell for shit that's solo Ben/know the f*cking difference.

UGH UGH UGH. I am now worried. What happens if people yell for Bitches Ain't Shit. ?? DEATH. That's what happens.

the world is wonderful and it will be funny to them...you should want others to be happy. they havent been to 30 shows to know it gets old....
holla

Offline happybecca

« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2008, 03:37:15 PM »
my apple is not used to the burbs....please excuse this extra comment
holla

« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2008, 07:32:33 PM »
wow... haven't logged in in forever but been frequenting the 'burbs since mid summer. so stoked for the show. hoping i get a ticket for me and my friend who's nearly as obsessed. driving from good old ohio. can't wait till 10 AM!
Come pick me up, I've landed.

Offline Allison

« Reply #244 on: September 07, 2008, 07:55:15 PM »
OH GOD. IF someone yells for Rock this Bitch... I vote we hunt them down. And then punch them in the face.

I sure hope people aren't stupid and yell for shit that's solo Ben/know the f*cking difference.

UGH UGH UGH. I am now worried. What happens if people yell for Bitches Ain't Shit. ?? DEATH. That's what happens.

the world is wonderful and it will be funny to them...you should want others to be happy. they havent been to 30 shows to know it gets old....

No, the point is that they are Ben Folds SOLO songs. Not Ben Folds FIVE songs. Same thing would be true if SFI or anything more current was yelled for. I think it'd be rude to yell for a solo song that Darren and Robert are not at all a part of.

And I haven't been to thirty shows.

yet.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #245 on: September 07, 2008, 08:00:36 PM »
I think Allison alone has paid Ben's bills for the last year or two, so I'd say she has a bigger right to an enjoyable show without the RtBs and BASs. Hell, she should even tell the band what to play, not anyone else. Also, as she said, those are solo songs, not the Five's, so that cancels them out automatically. I'm not making any sense. I'm out.
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Allison

« Reply #246 on: September 07, 2008, 08:04:21 PM »
I just think, if it's a ONE TIME ONLY reunion gig. No one should be an assh*le to Robert and Darren. They're wonderful in their own right so that they should all just play bf5 songs without a hinge.

They have three.5 albums of things to pull off of, that that's what they should play. That's all I'm saying, I mean, people yelled for Rock this Bitch at the symphony tonight. I didn't hunt anyone down or anything, but really, it does get old, and Ben himself has said so.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #247 on: September 07, 2008, 10:09:54 PM »
What makes you think they'll play anything other than TUBORM at this gig?

Maybe one as an encore, but I reckon that's it.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #248 on: September 07, 2008, 10:14:04 PM »
The fact that TUBORM is less than an hour long.

Offline kingrikk (Kirk)

• I want to be Kirk.
« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2008, 10:27:40 PM »
The fact that TUBORM is less than an hour long.
"Ben Folds - Live at MySpace", if you take out the support act in the middle and Ben talking, is about as long as TUBORM.

I really don't think you should get your hopes up too high for lots of, if any extra songs.

Offline Seth

« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2008, 10:29:57 PM »
I just think, if it's a ONE TIME ONLY reunion gig. No one should be an assh*le to Robert and Darren. They're wonderful in their own right so that they should all just play bf5 songs without a hinge.

They have three.5 albums of things to pull off of, that that's what they should play. That's all I'm saying, I mean, people yelled for Rock this Bitch at the symphony tonight. I didn't hunt anyone down or anything, but really, it does get old, and Ben himself has said so.

the people right in front of me yelled it tonight, i also heard someone over to my right.  there were surprisingly less yells for it than I thought.

Great show though.  I loved Cologne with the choir.
The-artist-formerly-known-as-crimsontide029

http://www.last.fm/user/crimsontide029

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2008, 03:44:51 AM »
Good luck with getting tickets people!
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline caliban10

« Reply #252 on: September 08, 2008, 03:56:31 AM »
It's making me anxious. Especially cos Etix doesn't seem to have the most durable servers. I reload a search and get a servlet error. I bet it melts at 10.05.

« Reply #253 on: September 08, 2008, 04:49:58 AM »
It's making me anxious. Especially cos Etix doesn't seem to have the most durable servers. I reload a search and get a servlet error. I bet it melts at 10.05.

Hey do you have a link yet for the tix? I still dont see one on the site.
I know you're in there, I can see you. You're saying you're okay, I don't believe you.

Offline caliban10

« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2008, 04:52:19 AM »
Nope. nothing yet.