The Other Post From Ben

• 73 Replies

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
Re: The Other Post From Ben
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2008, 09:25:52 PM »
PPPPS BEN: From what I understand, you probably deserved getting sprayed with pee once.

i've heard this myself.   :)
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »
I come bearing answers.

dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to.

That's becoming a sig. for me.

Thanks Allison, you have no idea how excited I was when reading this. Aside from really being guided through a bass book when I was fourteen, I had pretty much the same route as chuck, albeite with the same band with various muscians coming and going.

That was really, really, appreciated since I won't be able to see his band when I go to Raleigh on fall break.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline Allison

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2008, 09:37:44 PM »
I come bearing answers.

dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to.

That's becoming a sig. for me.

Thanks Allison, you have no idea how excited I was when reading this. Aside from really being guided through a bass book when I was fourteen, I had pretty much the same route as chuck, albeite with the same band with various muscians coming and going.

That was really, really, appreciated since I won't be able to see his band when I go to Raleigh on fall break.

OH NO. WHY NOT!? Chuck & Steve's various shows are wonderful! We're hoping to eventually catch a fully original show, one of these days... either B3 or CF5.... Or one of those acoustic gigs they do.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2008, 09:44:38 PM »
i yearn to see b3.  i've listened to that band FAR too much.  ask allison.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline Allison

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2008, 09:46:53 PM »
No. All you have to do is click on that link in her signature.
And you can see for yourself.

PS MEL: Bring my CD to Nashville!

I am lonesome without it.

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2008, 09:49:07 PM »
OH NO. WHY NOT!? Chuck & Steve's various shows are wonderful! We're hoping to eventually catch a fully original show, one of these days... either B3 or CF5.... Or one of those acoustic gigs they do.
I already checked and they aren't doing a show in Raleigh on those five days. Which is really, really sad.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

Offline Allison

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2008, 09:56:02 PM »
They are sometimes hard to catch. When we were there the first time Chuck tried persuading us not to go. Well, he did that the second time too.

They too have a show on the 18th. But I doubt we'll be out of whatever the f*ck Ben's up to, if it's even open to us non NC-ers, in enough time. Well. Maybe we could catch the end of it. Have post-gig food/drinks with them again. And be very jealous of Mr Chuck Folds and his Jeff Buckley-ness. Rawr.

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2008, 10:06:02 PM »
They are sometimes hard to catch. When we were there the first time Chuck tried persuading us not to go. Well, he did that the second time too.

They too have a show on the 18th. But I doubt we'll be out of whatever the f*ck Ben's up to, if it's even open to us non NC-ers, in enough time. Well. Maybe we could catch the end of it. Have post-gig food/drinks with them again. And be very jealous of Mr Chuck Folds and his Jeff Buckley-ness. Rawr.

See, that's what I wanted to try and do, but alas to no avail. Maybe I might try and catch them on the 18th if I make it then.

« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2008, 01:09:23 PM »
COME TO ATLANTA! please?

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2008, 07:54:27 PM »
Someone needs to start calling me when shit like this goes down, seriously.

I was down in Chicago for school and missed EVERYTHING!!!!! GAH!!! And I was too busy until know to check the internets.

Oh well.

Interesting.

Offline Allison

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2008, 07:56:53 PM »
Who's gonna call youuuuuuuuuu?

That being said, I would have texted you had I had your number/you do texting.

I very much wish I had Andy's number cause I would have taken the cost of calling Europe to tell him.

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2008, 08:06:03 PM »
I gave you my number before the Oshkosh show. Or at least I have yours.... anyways 414-305-8185

Don't send me pics of black guys tidbits. My friend got a random picture message on his iPhone the other day and was all excitied but since you can't VIEW a pic message on an iPhone he had to wait till he got home to view it, because the website you go to to SEE said picture is blocked from our work computers.

He was saddened that it was a black guys dick. He thinks it was an accident since he didn't recognize the phone number it came from.

That being said, if you're going to send a pic of your private parts to someone, wouldn't you be REALLY CAREFUL typing the phone number in that it's going to?

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2008, 08:37:14 PM »
That being said, if you're going to send a pic of your private parts to someone, wouldn't you be REALLY CAREFUL typing the phone number in that it's going to?
My friend tried to send a text to me before a football game yesterday, but he ended up sending a message saying "Who's my sexy bitch?" to someone he didn't know at all.

I was holding my sides in pain from the laughter, he was so sure he sent it to me. Wrong Numbers can be real bitches.

Offline Allison

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2008, 10:08:03 PM »
I gave you my number before the Oshkosh show. Or at least I have yours.... anyways 414-305-8185

Don't send me pics of black guys tidbits. My friend got a random picture message on his iPhone the other day and was all excitied but since you can't VIEW a pic message on an iPhone he had to wait till he got home to view it, because the website you go to to SEE said picture is blocked from our work computers.

He was saddened that it was a black guys dick. He thinks it was an accident since he didn't recognize the phone number it came from.

WTF Why didn't I program that in?
Well it's done now.

And one; I don't have the money for picture messages. And two; omg. gross.