chord progression for cologne

• 22 Replies

Offline Allison

Re: chord progression for cologne
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 01:50:46 AM »
junior songwriter alerrtttttt!! code red! code red!
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Brooooke

• "I'm pulling this out of my ass just for you!"
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 01:51:52 AM »
LOL.

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 01:56:21 AM »
I was about to say...

If I saw that I would actually have to laugh out loud, like I do whenever something has a double flat sign in front of it.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline 88kickinkeys

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 12:09:22 PM »
At the risk of sounding like a music theory elitist here, neither minor IV chords or double flats are "written to confuse". A minor IV is, for example, an F minor chord when you're in the key of C. I think you are confusing that with a flat IV. And double flats are totally necessary sometimes when you need to keep a note consistent with the key it's in.... every (major/minor) scale needs to have every note from C to C represented with some or no accidentals to really "make sense", which is why the G scale isn't written G A B C D E Gb G, for example ... and some keys need double flats or double sharps to make this work.

Offline senselessdrum

• i heart darren
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 12:32:12 PM »
YEA

Offline You Dont Know Zach

• And it's terrible pain, and it's all for free.
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 01:42:41 PM »
At the risk of sounding like a music theory elitist here, neither minor IV chords or double flats are "written to confuse". A minor IV is, for example, an F minor chord when you're in the key of C. I think you are confusing that with a flat IV. And double flats are totally necessary sometimes when you need to keep a note consistent with the key it's in.... every (major/minor) scale needs to have every note from C to C represented with some or no accidentals to really "make sense", which is why the G scale isn't written G A B C D E Gb G, for example ... and some keys need double flats or double sharps to make this work.
I know why they're written like they are, and you were right about my confusion of a minor IVth cord. It's just that double flats are surprising when they suddenly show up in a piece.
dont overplay, keep it simple and in the pocket, support the song, and you will be asked to play more than you have time to. - Chuck Folds

http://www.last.fm/user/YoudontknowZach

Offline wout

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 01:59:11 PM »
At the risk of sounding like a music theory elitist here, neither minor IV chords or double flats are "written to confuse". A minor IV is, for example, an F minor chord when you're in the key of C.

famous I-IVm-I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0dDCIOomWg

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 05:45:24 PM »
its wierd how a double flat just has two flats for a sign, but the double sharp is an x.