« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 08:46:24 AM »
Me.

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
Re: Who's going to Bristol tomorrow?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »
According to the tour page, a fair few!

http://www.thesuburbs.org.uk/tour/

Add yourself to gigs you're going/have been to. There's a really good reason coming soon.

~A

EDIT: Consider this an open invite to point out any past dates I've missed (other than those pre-2007).
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline Damian

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:50:04 AM »
Wow.  Bristol was amazing.  Ben was on for over two hours, and he must have played loads that he didn't play on other dates because there was no "Underground", "One Angry Dwarf" or "Bitches" and only one improv (in response to someone asking him to play in Wales next time he made up a song about promising to do so, in addition to mentioning the Counting Crows support date at Cardiff Arena).

Oh yeah, and in the same song he also sang that they'd be back next March.

If nobody else wrote the setlist I'll work it out tonight... it won't be in order and I don't know what a couple of the new ones are called.  There was definitely "Hiroshima", "Free Coffee" and "Kylie From Connecticut" but I think there were at least six new ones...

Offline PAUL LLEWELLYN

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 01:02:19 AM »
Quick first thoughts. It was very, very good. Great crowd. Happy Ben.

I don't remember the counting crowes cardiff lyric but do remember him singing something about blame them if they havent booked in Wales.

New songs played:

Errant Dog
Free Coffee
Hiroshima
Kylie from Conneticut
Effington

Covered:
Such great heights

Personal highlights:
The luckiest
Kate
Philosophy
Kylie
Effington
Rockin the Suburbs
Ben's pained reaction when Bitches aint shit was requested.

Offline Damian

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 01:40:12 AM »
Oh yeah, The Luckiest.  For well documented reasons I have to say I wasn't expecting that.

Hearing "The Battle Of Who Could Care Less" for the first time in 11 years was a bit special...

Offline PAUL LLEWELLYN

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 02:47:25 AM »
This just went up on the ol Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exn6DPDZmI0
It doesnt have the first half with the tour stuff but it's a nice reminder. I hope the taper puts up more.

Offline Damian

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 03:05:55 AM »
Nice report Andy!  You might want to add though, that he did say last night he'll also be back in the UK next March... given that this was in response to someone shouting about him playing Wales, I'd guess that they'd be his own dates, but a guess is all that is!

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 03:13:59 AM »
Crappy! How did I forget to mention that?

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline eternalsunshine

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 03:23:14 AM »
Great gig!

I got the Rock this bitch in wales ad-lib video'd all the way through (sound not the best but that was my fault for muffling the mic oops) i'll stick it on youtube later if anyone's interested.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 07:30:02 AM »
Super ace gig. I was standing very near to that girl who so adamantly insisted Ben should go to Wales. Also some very funny banter about the towel.
He confirmed he'd be supporting Crows in November, and then back again in March.
Has anyone got a more comprehensive set list? Anyone got any pics either? I'll post mine shortly x

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 07:34:05 AM »
Awesome gig last night - I was in the 2nd row right in front of Ben. Highlights:

- Ben being in a really good mood! Lots of banter with the crowd
- Battle Of Who Could Care Less !!! Never heard this one live before (I'm still waiting to see Alice Childress)
- Emaline! A crowd request.
- The new stuff. It sounds really good - can't wait for the album.

Offline loocipher

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 09:01:23 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjnYAEwkbyI

Not The Same, all the way through - my arm hurt after that and all of Such Great Heights (will put that one up later!)  :)

Amazing gig - we ended up in the very front row, smack bang in the middle! And we waited around afterwards and met Ben, and I had my photo taken with him = happy happy happy! :D

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 10:03:32 AM »
really good gig - probably my favourite set wise. 2 hours of stuff, with plenty of ones I've always wanted to hear live but never have e.g. lullabye, emaline

could have done without the pillock behind us yelling out asking if the "towel was integral". i sometimes get the feeling that some people go to ben's shows just to be the guy who shouts something funny out. banter is one of the things that makes ben's shows so great, but this guy just got on my tits (no offence if it was one of you lot!)

anyway, rant over!

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 12:39:35 PM »
Fantastic concert! Ben was on great form last night. My friend and I got to the second row, singing along with everything and dancing around in our homemade Ben Folds t shirts ^_^
I got the setlist over by his piano - He didn't do all the songs on there (Bitches weren't shit last night) and he added some more on (WALES). But if anyone's interested, I'll post it up!

Hiroshima and Kylie from CT were both awesome, can't wait for the new album