Vinyl

• 194 Replies

Offline Qualitease

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Vinyl
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2011, 02:36:23 PM »
I am looking to purchase / borrow some original BF5 lps for ripping.  I have a long history of collecting material and a being a super fan.  Please get in touch if you can help with this ripping project.
Alan

« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2011, 10:13:06 AM »
any word on the reissues of his older albums on vinyl yet? i know hes a busy guy and all but i'd love to see this set in motion. i dont even know why they'd need remastering or anything, just put them out as they are. the production on all the "five" records is top notch.

if anything, id like to see some exclusive commentary included in the record sleeves, maybe a little paragraph talking about each song, explaining its inspiration and whatnot

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »
any word on the reissues of his older albums on vinyl yet? i know hes a busy guy and all but i'd love to see this set in motion. i dont even know why they'd need remastering or anything, just put them out as they are. the production on all the "five" records is top notch.

if anything, id like to see some exclusive commentary included in the record sleeves, maybe a little paragraph talking about each song, explaining its inspiration and whatnot

good ideas!
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

Offline Qualitease

• I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2011, 09:18:25 AM »
remastering be would needed since vinyl has a different inherit 'EQ' than a cd.  Also, compression and levels would need to be adjusted.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2011, 02:28:29 PM »
Hah what's up Alan.  I'll get you my list of vinyl soon and we'll see what we can work out.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2011, 02:36:19 PM »

I remember being very excited about this when he mentioned it about a year ago.  I wouldn't hold my breath on these releases though, I doubt they'll be coming any time soon.  Ben seems to have a history of not following through with these sorts of things.  Granted I'm sure he's extremely busy.  Maybe after this tour is over he'll start on some reissues.  He also said he'd be releasing reunion footage on a TUBoRM reissue but that hasn't happened either.  I'm curious as to whether those tapes he went through last week will ever be released (like he said they would be).

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »
Hey Alan, long time no see. I've got my direct-from-wax MP3s of the Jackson Cannery 7" over on WUWTL. What records are you looking for specifically?

« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2011, 02:22:32 PM »
remastering be would needed since vinyl has a different inherit 'EQ' than a cd.  Also, compression and levels would need to be adjusted.

i assume that the original vinyl masters still exist. unless ben got mad and threw them into a lake at a college campus.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2011, 02:52:13 PM »
BAM

Offline vosnos

« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2011, 04:07:31 PM »
Came in a few days ago.  Shout out to cadet_applesauce for selling this to me.  This pretty much wraps up my BFF (era) vinyl collection.  Maybe I'll grab the Godzilla soundtrack if it ever pops up on eBay.

Offline jpar

« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2011, 04:17:46 PM »
I cede the coolest Folds collection title to you, sir. Not even my 1999 era tour-used piano stool can match Pots n' Pans vinyl.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2011, 04:36:50 PM »
I cede the coolest Folds collection title to you, sir. Not even my 1999 era tour-used piano stool can match Pots n' Pans vinyl.

That Pots & Pans vinyl was something I never dreamed I'd own.  Seeing it pop up on eBay was very cool.  And speaking of pre-BFF memorabilia, I won Toxic Popsickle's Friends of Zid cassette on eBay awhile back too.  As for your tour-used stool, that's awesome its own right.  What's the story behind it?  Which concert was it at?

Offline jpar

« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2011, 08:32:17 PM »
Not a fantastic tale - It was used for the Messner world tour. Joe D. hooked me up.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2011, 08:48:23 PM »
Not a fantastic tale - It was used for the Messner world tour. Joe D. hooked me up.

Still very cool nonetheless.  Joe D. has hooked me up in the past.  Remember which show it was?

« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2013, 12:37:45 PM »
so the self titled Ben Folds Five album was reissued sometime in the past couple years. I just noticed this about a month ago and wondered why it seemed to go under the radar. I read a bunch of reviews and it seemed like their was a huge complaint about the sound quality. Hesitant as I was, I still purchased it. It sounds just fine to me, I don't see the big deal.

Anyone know anything about this release? Was it part of the original intention to reissue the old albums? Why wasn't it announced?!