Vinyl

• 194 Replies

Offline cadet_applesauce

Re: Vinyl
« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2010, 05:48:33 PM »
Thanks! I've met him a couple of times, took more time than most people getting stuff signed. But at least while he does that, I have more time to converse with the guy.

Just for kicks, here's an updated photo of my Folds collection. Same shit, just better picture. This was taken before the three LPs I was just talking about got signed.
Oh yeah, I forgot this is missing the Godzilla soundtrack. I didn't realize that until I had put everything back on the shelves and felt too lazy taking it all back out.

Damn, that is an awesome collection.  What are the two white ones in the 3rd row though?  It's hard to read but do they both say Fear of Pop?  As well as the green vinyl and the bottom right hand corner 7"?  Hopefully one day I'll have a similar collection!
Thanks again! Yeah, those are Fear Of Pop "In Love" remixes (one with a bunch, and the other with just the Thievery Corporation remix on it). The green one is a test pressing for Underground (Full Version--the one to the right of it). I found it on GEMM for like $35... I was so stoked. Haha.
I NEED THE JACKSON CANNERY 7"!!!!

Offline vosnos

« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2010, 03:07:26 PM »
Some pretty exciting news from Ben's twitter today:

"Yes, re-releasing all back catalogue with proper vinyl included part of master plan - part of why I'm getting vinyl routine together" (in response to jpar's tweet)

and...

"Already begun working with Legacy Records on re-releases and will be doing vinyl using what we're learning, mastering quieter when necessary"

If this is really happening I'd be so happy.  It would give me a great chance to get the S/T.  Hopefully the original pressings still maintain their value but I think this is great news.  I just tweeted at him asking if he'd release the singles again on 7"...hopefully he responds! 

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2010, 05:18:44 PM »
I'm stoked for these possible reissues, and really hope he mines the archives for some bonus downloads included with purchase. Or hell, just remaster the Caroline records and Messner for CD release, too, and give them the deluxe treatment. Messner deserves it, and there is that pesky reunion show floating around...

Ah, I'm getting greedy.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2010, 07:30:37 PM »
I'm stoked for these possible reissues, and really hope he mines the archives for some bonus downloads included with purchase. Or hell, just remaster the Caroline records and Messner for CD release, too, and give them the deluxe treatment. Messner deserves it, and there is that pesky reunion show floating around...

Ah, I'm getting greedy.

Wow, any bonus material would be incredible.  I would love to see some unreleased demo tracks or live recordings.  And this announcement was such a coincidence because I JUST started collecting BF/F vinyl a couple months ago.  I did ask him on twitter though if he'd re-release all the 7" singles but he doesn't seem to respond to me haha.  Would you be willing to ask him that via tweet?

Offline jpar

« Reply #169 on: May 29, 2010, 10:46:56 PM »

Ah, I'm getting greedy.

Wow, any bonus material would be incredible.  I would love to see some unreleased demo tracks or live recordings.  And this announcement was such a coincidence because I JUST started collecting BF/F vinyl a couple months ago.  I did ask him on twitter though if he'd re-release all the 7" singles but he doesn't seem to respond to me haha.  Would you be willing to ask him that via tweet?

I have no idea why he sometimes responds to me, but I think it might be I just catch him at the right time and ask him a question he's in the mood to answer. Personally, I don't think it makes much sense to re-release singles given the costs involved, but that's just me and maybe Mr Folds will tell us all differently.

« Reply #170 on: May 30, 2010, 05:49:39 AM »
I will be buying the self titled album through suburbs the day these are available. If I didn't already have Silverman and WtN, I'd get those too. haha

Offline vosnos

« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2010, 03:17:07 PM »
A few new additions to the collection:

Still trying to get the S/T and WAEA for a good price.

Offline speedy_the_drummer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2010, 06:28:50 PM »
ive got an extra WAEA on vinyl. What you got to offer/trade?

« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »
just got a Bizarre Christmas Incident  on ebay for only 4.99. woooo

Offline vosnos

« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2010, 07:43:46 PM »
I finally picked up the S/T, a promo copy of WAEA, and a very special Jackson Cannery 7".  Will post pics when I have time.  Still looking for Where's Summer B? and Philosophy.

Offline vosnos

« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2010, 01:49:59 PM »
S/T:

WAEA Promo:

Jackson Cannery:

The Holy Trinity:

Offline vosnos

« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2010, 11:13:18 AM »
So last week Ben came to DC with Nick to promote the new album.  Nick read an excerpt from Juliet Naked, Ben played 4 or so songs, and they did an on stage interview for about 30 minutes.  It was a unique but enjoyable format and after that they did a meet and greet, which I had no idea about until they announced it.  I was freaking out seeing as I'd been to 6 Ben concerts before but had never met him.  I got a picture with him and got the S/T and my 2nd Jackson Cannery signed.  Definitely a really cool experience.  I also picked up Where's Summer B? 7" and Ben Folds Live on vinyl which finally completes my BFF vinyl discography collection (to my knowledge).

« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2010, 03:24:10 PM »
to anyone who has the jackson cannery 7", i'd like to ask a question that it seems no one has ever asked: whats "eddie walker, this is your life" sounds like????? from what ive heard its a different recording than the "eddie walker" take on NBF, and i'd love to know more about it. the fact that its only available on that elusive vinyl....

Offline jpar

« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2010, 11:55:20 PM »
Many years ago I visited a recording studio in Lawrence and had my copy of the 7" preserved on CD. I then ripped the audio, and those files should now be on WUWTL. Download and enjoy.

Offline cadet_applesauce

« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2011, 02:34:12 PM »
What's the going rate for Fear Of Pop Vol 1 on vinyl? I know it's funny because I wrote about having it earlier in the thread, but I'm planning to move across country and I'm thinking about getting rid of some stuff that I simply just don't listen to...

If anyone is interested, I'd rather sell all three FOP records together, as opposed to just the LP. But I'm sure that something could be worked out. I might sell my Ben 7"s too, but I haven't given that too much thought.
I NEED THE JACKSON CANNERY 7"!!!!