• "I'm pulling this out of my ass just for you!"
Re: Vinyl
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 12:57:56 AM »
mmmmm vinyl loooooove.

Offline Allison

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 07:35:17 PM »
haha
I just wanted to say, I do have a record player, so my purchases are legit.

me too. only problem for me is that come may and i graduate from college, i move out.... and the record player is my mother's. i'm gonna have to go on a search cause I have garnered a collection.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 12:50:10 AM »
i bought my parents a record player/cd player/tape player for 30 bucks from Sears last year.  it's pretty sweet.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline jpar

• The Whole World is My Coaster
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 11:26:02 PM »
I just recently had to replace my turntable I'e owned since 1986 because the motor finally gave out and I couldn't track down a replacement part. It broke my heart. You can pick up a Sony from Best Buy for around $99.

Offline cadet_applesauce

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 08:14:23 AM »
first post...bringing this thread back from the dead!

i collect vinyl, and i'm now working on a ben collection! today i placed a few orders for the earlier BF5 singles (summer, underground, brick, battle). earlier this week i got the self-titled LP in the mail. maybe i'm working backwards on this (in terms of difficulty to find??). i also have SFS, the live record, and preordered the deluxe WTN.

anyway, i had a question... which 7" is jackson cannery on? is it rare or am i just slow? sorry, i'm a relatively new ben folds fan. excuse my n00biness.
I NEED THE JACKSON CANNERY 7"!!!!

Offline jpar

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 09:15:34 AM »
The print run was about 500 (if I'm not mistaken), and this is what served as a demo tape for Ben Folds Five rather than a proper studio demo to shop around for record executives. They're hard to come by now, and have sold on eBay for as little as $75, and as much as $450. Original Jackson Cannery 7" singles have long been considered the holy grail for Ben Folds fans. Frank used to have a section for it on his site, but that seems to have 404ed.

Offline Allison

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 09:38:36 AM »
The fact that you've been able to successfully track down a copy of the selftitled means something. Those regularly go for 200+ on ebay. Something my budget can't afford. And for some reason Rockin the Suburbs has been one that I still have not been able to get. I, myself, do not worry about the singles though, that's probably due to the fact that we in the US don't buy them much. I own one single, and it's the Christmas one, cause it's the only place it even exists.

Offline andrewspears

• Lying awake in my hospital room
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 09:40:47 AM »
http://www.angelfire.com/music/benfoldsfive/singles.html

there's the page about the jackson 7". is that version of "eddie walker" the one floating around on the beginnings, or is it actually pretty much unheard?

Offline speedy_the_drummer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 11:18:11 AM »
it's on naked baby photos.

Offline cadet_applesauce

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »
sweet. thanks for the info, guys!! the s/t albums are weird. they'll go for $200 one week (almost $400 once, if i remember correctly), and the next week they'll go for $75, $91, etc... i got lucky and got mine for $52 (it just ended on ebay last week). granted, i've only been watching BF5 vinyl on the 'bay for a little more than 4 months. chances are i'll never track down that jackson 7". agh!

Offline jpar

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 06:31:46 PM »
it's on naked baby photos.

The 7" version of JC is on NBP, with some of the intro cut out. This version of Eddie Walker differs from any other released version. I'll put the MP3s I made from my copy on WUWTL when I get back from vacation.

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 09:48:30 AM »
That'd be awesome.  \m/

I'm such a whore for different versions of songs  ;D

Offline Allison

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 10:28:10 AM »
That'd be awesome.  \m/

I'm such a whore for different versions of songs  ;D
Escpecially if it's a goodie like Eddie Walker.

Offline cadet_applesauce

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 10:11:44 PM »
my copy skips twice on Sports and Wine, one of my favorite tracks on this album!!! damn! haha. :(

when i get the money i'm going to invest in a quality cleaner brush.

Offline jpar

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2008, 10:25:12 PM »
Okay, I'm back from the east coast and have uploaded both the Jackson Cannery and Eddie Walker tracks from the 7" to WUWTL.

These files are NOT digitally remastered. A friend of mine who works for a recording studio dumped them onto a CD for me a few years ago directly from my copy of the 7". I then encoded AAC files from the disk using iTunes. Any imperfections in the tracks are results of them coming off a record.

Enjoy.