• 137 Replies

DrAlexHaleIII

Re: Frally's put out an album.
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2007, 04:52:11 PM »
It's like a ship.

Offline makiko

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 10:26:06 AM »
Here's the interview with Frally Hynes @ AdelaideNow. She is talking about her album and divorce.

Frally's songs of pain and healing over runaway ben Folds
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24231337-5012985,00.html

Offline Laura

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 11:06:50 AM »
wow. whoever wrote that interview kinda seems to be attacking ben. all that "the lyrics say otherwise" stuff kinda irritated me...
I almost gave in to positive thinking, but sarcasm came to the rescue

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 11:22:01 AM »
wow. whoever wrote that interview kinda seems to be attacking ben. all that "the lyrics say otherwise" stuff kinda irritated me...

To be fair, he did write a song called Bitch Went Nutz and You don't know me, kinda left himself open to that stuff.
http://www.last.fm/user/BadMullet

i figure they don't care anymore and now they blow donkey dicks

Offline Laura

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 01:16:22 PM »
yeah, i know, but between the number of times that he's said they aren't about frally and the fact that he's written songs that aren't really aimed at anyone (cigarette, narcolepsy, losing lisa) before, they didn't really need to go on about them like that. not to mention the fact tht the article was supposed to be about frally's album, not ben's
I almost gave in to positive thinking, but sarcasm came to the rescue

Offline Allison

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 02:35:26 PM »
Well, it sure answers a few questions.

That being said. I do quite like some of Frally's songs. But, once again, I do have a hard time sometimes believing that they don't stem from the divorce.

Ha. The mention of Brauer blah has worked with blah blah... yeah, Ben's mixer too.

And here's basically the Ben retort. I mean, not really... but... http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24224265-2902,00.html
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline perthgirl

• Up with this I will not put - Bernard Black
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 06:28:57 PM »
I smell a rat. 
News.com (and it's sub-sites incl AdelaideNow and PerthNow) love to run stories that are deliberately worded to be sensationalist.  Note these stories were posted within half an hour of each other and there's no writer credited for Frally's interview, or at least I can't find it.  I'm not saying the stories aren't legit but  my money's on the idea they've been manipulated by the same editor.

Just a thought...
It's easy to be easy and free when it doesn't mean anything...

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 07:37:58 PM »
Are they like TMZ, but for Aussies?
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline TheGreatBenfolio

• Is there a funnel from her butt to your mouth now?
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 08:09:11 PM »
How much longer until they end up on Montel?

"The men who divorce thier wives, and then write songs about it"

Offline Allison

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 09:14:14 PM »
Well. Bill Shatner is on wife number 4, too.

Birds of a feather..... ?? :P

Really, did people think that Gone was about Kate? It's not as if Ben hasn't had hard break up songs before?? It's nothing new to his set. Though, I think the reason that the divorce is so associated with this album is that it was a long marriage (for Ben, especially. heh) and there were kids involved, and it was very secret.

Offline perthgirl

• Up with this I will not put - Bernard Black
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 01:42:46 AM »
Shatner's run on wives is quite different to ben's though.

It's not TMZ by a long shot, news.com.au attempts to be a legitimate on-line news service and does the job OK for the most part but if there's a whiff of personality in the air they're all over it with the drama angle.  The Frally interview is a classic case.  She's put out her album and is trying to promote it by granting interviews but instead most of the piece is about the divorce and the dirty laundry being aired rather than the music.  Over a third of the article is about Ben and his new album anyway (and how it's not about the divorce) and it doesn't mention Frally's style of music at all.

It's a Murdoch-run site that backs up the stuff that goes in the Murdoch-owned Sunday papers that run separately in each state and yet are strangely similar.  My friends and I refer to the site as the 'Grandis Veritus' and yes, we are very much joking.

It's easy to be easy and free when it doesn't mean anything...

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2008, 03:43:58 AM »
Why do these articles make me think that Ben and Frally are being painted as a "celebrity" couple?

Offline Ive Landed

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2008, 04:24:14 AM »
I don't know what to say. I still think Frally's song "Shotgun Wedding" is about him.  But, since we really don't know what happened, that's all I'm saying.
'You know what hope is? Hope is a bastard; Hope is a liar, a cheat, and a tease. Hope comes near you; kick its backside. Got no place in days like these.'

-Christine
www.last.fm/user/iheartsuds

Offline addie

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2008, 12:52:13 PM »
i don't usually think too hard about ben's personal life, but i really wonder how much truth there is to the "ben running off with their yoga teacher" headline in the article about frally.  i mean, that's a pretty intense thing to say.

Offline Allison

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2008, 02:11:49 PM »
Yeah. Well there's one obvious discrepancy. Ben's been quoted to say that this divorce has been two years coming. We know Ben was married in January this year, and so the April they're apparently referring to must be 07 and that is less than two years ago.

Anyway. Colleen's right, there really isn't any credit/sources except apparently Frally, but who knows, it could just be that the marriage was falling apart and the next woman Ben became attached to happened to be someone they mutually knew.

Interesting concept to think of Ben and Frally as a "celebrity" couple, what could they have been, with the inevitable addition of each other's names Brally? What is he in now, Bleur? Hahaha.