The Ben Folds Experience 2008

• 350 Replies

Offline Allison

Re: The Ben Folds Experience 2008
« Reply #345 on: February 22, 2008, 10:19:05 AM »
Well, in all honesty it would have been TERRIBLE for me to have been gone then. It's midterm time around here.

Though. Would have been completely worth it.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #346 on: September 14, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »
Direct from a fanclub mailing:

a message from ben:

i need a vacation.  but i hate vacations because i don't know what to do with my time.   so i stayed up all last night dialing up friends who
play music who also want a vacation and most of them told me to call back when i was sober and not crying.

i'll ring them up again today, but my point is that i'd like to get a lot of talented musical artists together in one holiday moment of glory with possibly a few comedians and have some kind of magical experience MAN.

the idea of painting a large bus psychedelic purple, not taking baths for a week and driving around the country jamming out on one chord about the war got shot down quickly.  everyone wanted to bring their blackberry's and sing about their record companies, then there was an issue because some of the musical acts wanted corporate sponsorship on the side of the bus etc.  we'll get everyone on board.... soon.   my
people will come up with something and contact their people who will contact your people and we'll make my vacation fantasies come true.

a message from the suits:

we're working hard to make ben's - - and your - - rock and roll dreams come true.  while we do, grab a pen and mark your calendar for february 21-25, 2008 to join Ben and friends for a kickass vacation.  you can also copy and paste into your Internet browser the following website address (*removed due to general consensus/hate mail*) to be among the first to get all of the juicy details.

Interesting, no?

~A

um....try to revisit this topic but make it the Ben Folds FIVE experience 2013?
I like toast!

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #347 on: September 14, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »
you're making me cry here with memories.
i SO wanted this to happen.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline Allison

« Reply #348 on: September 15, 2012, 02:21:41 AM »
you're making me cry here with memories.
i SO wanted this to happen.

I was going to go BROKE for this shit.

Now that I have the money, let's do itttttttttttt.

Reunion cruise? I'm down.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #349 on: September 15, 2012, 02:33:54 AM »
How much money, Allison? Perhaps you can stuff a briefcase full as a convincer next time you see the boys.

Also, when I found out you guys were putting a collection together to get me on this thing I didn't know what to say! Really humbling.
Remind me to tell y'all about how I was helping to organise this thing. (The cancellation wasn't my fault, honest).

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

Offline TrashSpork

« Reply #350 on: September 16, 2013, 08:41:51 PM »
And if this cruise took place in a J.J. Abrams alternate timeline Ben would be preforming with Kraftwerk on the A deck stage!
I like toast!