Farewell Lindsay

• 18 Replies

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
Farewell Lindsay
« on: April 05, 2007, 08:00:13 AM »
With the news that Lindsay has now officially left Ben's merry band of touring musicians, I want you to scour youtube and post the best Lindsay moments you can find.

You what an entertaining, energetic and just-darn-plain-joyful he was behind those skins. Get scouring, and I'll post up the best to the news page tribute-stylee next week.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

DrAlexHaleIII

Re: Farewell Lindsay
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 08:28:39 AM »
I feel sad that I've been to two shows where Lindsay should've been drumming, but he was ill for both of them...  :(

Offline Allison

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:16:41 AM »
:'(
I mean, Sam's great. I just, mmm. Change. Boo.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 10:50:44 AM »
family thing?  what happened to lindsay's other band
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 11:37:53 AM »
We will miss you lindsay

Offline Allison

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 12:43:39 PM »
I think that's also part of it Kidney, if you follow Astronaut Pushers, you'll know they had a show together (including Lindz) back in March. And they're local....
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 01:43:15 PM »
I think Ben should immediately release a comemorative EP of new material to mourn Lindsay's departure and officially welcome Sam into the family.

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 02:19:07 PM »
I can't stand this. I know everyone is saying how Sam is really really good and such, and I don't deny that from the videos I've seen and the stories I've heard, but Lindsay was an incredible addition to Ben's solo band, and I feel like we've lost a family member of a tightly knitted group of amazing musicians. And he's british.

I will always cherish that moment I stood inches away and talked to Lin-Z about "Prison Food".
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 06:41:44 PM »
well, I never took Lindsay to be permanent.  honestly, I'm a little surprised they stuck together this long because I know Ben had talked about being wary of creating what seemed like another Five, and Jared and Lindsay clearly kept their other projects in sight.

that being said, I was getting used to him!  he and Jared have the right spirit, that's probably why they did work out so well and for so long.

Ben is quite the incessant tourer, so I don't blame Lindsay at all for getting back to his own stuff a bit.  good luck to you sir!  it's been our pleasure.

(p.s. I will totally miss the accent, too.)
too school for c...too cool for school
(too cool for school, y'all)

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 07:39:34 PM »
thats a shame...I really liked lindsay, haha, and the accent.
I thought Sam was in another band too. Would you guys expect to have Sam here long term?

Offline speedy_the_drummer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 07:49:26 PM »
I talked to Sam at Virginia Tech and he said he was going to be there as much as possible until lindsay comes back.

i too asked him about his band The Comfies. He said that they had already found another drummer. So it's this or nothing for him.

out of him, ben, and jared, he looked like he was having the most fun up on stage. Him and Eef also seemed like buddies. They went and played frisbee in the drill field in front of the auditorium.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 01:14:25 AM »
Yeah, Snuzz told me that one of the best things about touring with Ben was getting to hang with Eef when he was supporting...

samfoster88

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 10:47:09 AM »
I reckon Sam will be pretty good to be honest. Saw him at Manchester and he was crazy during Narcolepsy (Darren would've been proud of it!), I liked Lindsay but I'm 'stoked' for Sam to join fulltime. He's great. But then again so are the Comfies -from what I've heard- and it's a shame that he's not doing any more stuff with them. Has anyone get any of the Comfies stuff?? I've only heard songs on myspace...

Offline Jonesie

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »
I reckon Sam will be pretty good to be honest. Saw him at Manchester and he was crazy during Narcolepsy (Darren would've been proud of it!), I liked Lindsay but I'm 'stoked' for Sam to join fulltime. He's great. But then again so are the Comfies -from what I've heard- and it's a shame that he's not doing any more stuff with them. Has anyone get any of the Comfies stuff?? I've only heard songs on myspace...

I was actually going to say, when Sam did Narcolepsy at the assumption show it was pretty terrible.

Offline sek53

• Ever Ruling Crown aka Steve
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 04:29:33 PM »
I'm going to miss him to the same degree as many of you. I only met him once, but we still chat time to time on myspace. When I did meet him, he and I chatted it up after the last show of the spring 2006 tour in the parking lot of Niagara university. He and I talked about the tour, summer plans, and his favorite moments from the tour. I shared how I saw him a month before in Pittsburgh and in mentioning that, from the one day he was in Pittsburgh, he noted all the various random sites he saw and even what he had for lunch (a sandwich from Primanti Bros).

-Steve