UMass May 6th

• 19 Replies

Offline beamer

UMass May 6th
« on: April 03, 2007, 08:06:35 PM »
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty broke, and I'd like to see Ben Folds on May 6th at UMass.  The tickets for the public are $35, but like, $15 for people that go to certain colleges or something .. UMass, Amherst College, Mt. Holyoke, Smith College, and Hampshire University, I believe.  And I don't go to any of those colleges.  So, does anyone know how I could go about getting a $15 ticket?  I'd give someone a few dollars for their troubles if they could help.  I don't want to have to go on Facebook and start asking random people that go to those schools, haha.  Many thanks
-Jeff

Offline SinginJen

Re: UMass May 6th
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 08:15:03 PM »
haha, Hampshire University.  it's just a mere college, but I love it so.

I would suggest calling the Mullins Center (say you're a five college student) and asking them if you need to be present with your own ID to get the $15, or if another student can get it for you.  (only a little bit of a fib.)  if you don't need to be, I will definitely help you out if I can.  the only thing is I'm going be getting handicapped seating (hopefully) because my friend's in a wheelchair, so I may not be able to do much for you. complications, blah blah.  but let me know.
too school for c...too cool for school
(too cool for school, y'all)

Offline Allison

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 08:19:39 PM »
Sometimes you have to present your own school ID to even get in the show.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 08:28:23 PM »
yes, this is another possibility to consider.  although, I think because it's not *just* a school show (the public is invited), I think they'll probably only care about IDs at the point of ticket purchase.  (and unfortunately, I think they actually will care, but check anyway, beamer).

Offline melissa

• Explain it to me again and again, like i care.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 08:30:37 PM »
when i went to the show at Louisiana Tech last year, my friend bought me a student ticket.  they didn't check IDs at the door.
and i'm so high not even you and all your love could bring me down

http://www.last.fm/user/foldsisgod/

Offline Allison

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »
When I saw Ben at Kansas University our tickets were stamped with student or not, and if you were a student you had to show your id, otherwise make up the difference in price.

But I was on the comp list (thanks to Corn Mo! Thanks!) and it didn't matter.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:42:27 PM »
the only thing with me is that I'm going through a whole separate process because of the handicapped seating, so the only way I can get tickets is by going to the box office, and early.

any other five-college peeps out there?  you know you want to join theburbs and help us out.

Offline beamer

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 08:52:29 PM »
Thanks everyone for your insight.  I'll give the Mullins Center a call tomorrow.

I have a friend at UMass Amherst.  They get FREE tickets for some bizarre reason.  But she tried to get me one, and she said UMass Amherst students have to show their ID at the door.  But that's just because they get in free.  So, hopefully, the $15 ticket people won't suffer the same fate.  Though I have a feeling this just won't work out for me.  I'm just especially inspired to see Ben again after hearing about his recent Illinoise show.  If it was just Ben, I'd consider doing the $35 thing.  But I also splurged on Sean Lennon tickets, and Flaming Lips tickets, and Ted Leo tickets, and The Police tickets, and I did just see Ben last week.  Le sigh .. I'll keep you posted about what the Mullins Center says, thanks again!

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 08:56:23 PM »
yeah, I would be in the same place if I didn't get the $20 bucks off deal.  I think UMass people get in free just because it's their spring concert.  That's how most of the college concerts work around here, though it's probably because they can still make money off of the other four ones in the area.

Offline beamer

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 08:11:26 AM »
Shiiiiit

Ticket Information:   Tickets On Sale Date: 7 Apr 2007 10:00 AM
Ticket Prices: $35, $15
$35 - General Public
$15 - Five College Students (with ID)
FREE - UMass Students (with ID)

ONE TICKET PER ID FOR Five College and UMass Students
Additional Information:   FIVE COLLEGE AND UMASS STUDENTS MUST BRING ID WITH THEM ALONG WITH THEIR TICKETS THE NIGHT OF SHOW.

NO ID / NO ENTRY

Well, I guess just let me know if you find someone at your school that doesn't want to go/will let me use their ID the night of the show, haha.

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 11:22:08 AM »
Ooh that's intense.  Sorry, beamer.  Too bad you don't have any cousins in the area, haha.

(Thanks for the info, where'd you find it?)

Offline beamer

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »
Mullins Center website, I went there to get their number, and ended up getting my answer right then.

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 01:46:36 PM »
oh wow, I didn't even think to look on their events calendar. I'd only been looking at their other info pages.

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 06:53:04 PM »
just to add to this; my friend found out it's all general seating a.k.a. get there early for better seats.

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 02:32:42 PM »
my friend stole a poster of the upcoming concert for me today (YAY), and Ben's picture is the highest up and the largest.  hopefully this bodes well for set length??