Chapel Hill, NC

• 21 Replies

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
Re: Chapel Hill, NC
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 10:18:57 AM »
Yeah, but I also think it'd be pretty rad for the fans back there!
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Allison

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 10:25:34 AM »
Well yeah, but, hum. I mean, specially when Ben played things like Kate... you'd think he'd just feel strange? Maybe? It has been nearly a full seven years...

Robert Sledge needs to come to somewhere near me.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline sham.on

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 12:16:01 PM »
She did have blonde hair, actually! She was with a small group of people-- not that I can remember how many or what they looked like.. And, nah. She asked for the marker before my mum asked her for an autograph..
"god bless both the internets"

last.fm  /  LJ

Offline happybecca

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 12:33:05 PM »
this is really random but when i was in the restroom i saw 2 older ladies in there and one of them (i thought) said something about frally. maybe it was a few of ben's local friends. 
holla

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 12:38:41 PM »
Probably. I mean, almost everyone I know from the area knows him!

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »
Just found out about this website this morning.  I'm glad I've found it because the BF message board that I've been on until now is the same 3 or 4 people yelling at each other about their grammar and who's a bigger fan.  It would be nice to share with a few like minded, intelligent folks.

A couple of cool Chapel Hill moments that Carly left out:

Ben talked about how Chapel Hill is "one of my hometowns".  He said he lived at 107 Isley Street from 1991 through 1998 and if anyone in the audience could prove that they live at 107 Isley...he'd give them a cookie.  Also, while Ben was talking, some drunk was trying to yell out something unintelligable from the balcony.  Ben started immitating him and that became the main verse to the improv jam and then the next verse was that everyone should go to 107 Isley and f*ck with the guy who lives there now.  Here's the setlist:

Dr. Peyser
Trusted
Gone
All U Can Eat
Jesusland
Bastard
Smile (Cooler than you)
Chapel Hill Jam
Still Fighting It
You to Thank
Losing Lisa
Landed
Bitches Aint Shit (Bitches can't hang in the streets of Carrboro, Pittsboro or Saxapahaw) :)

Fred Jones Pt. 2
Gracie
Lullabye
The Last Polka

Narcolepsy
Such Great Heights
Zak and Sara
Not the Same

Encore
Kate
Underground
One Angry Dwarf

I look forward to chatting with y'all.  I plan to go to see Ben with John Mayer in July.  He's being billed as "Very Special Guest" so hopefully his set will be at least an hour.  I think a lot of Ben fans might opt out of that show because of John Mayer but we need to go to make sure we outnumber the screaming tweens who might disrespect Ben because they want John Mayer to come on.  I'm sure he'll rock and win them all over!   

Offline sham.on

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
Welcome to theburbs! Make yourself right at home; we're a pretty damn friendly bunch around here, if I do say so m'self.

Bahaha, I had forgotten about the cookie thing. He's so random. And it rocks.

Did you check out my videos? Hrm, I just remembered: the way the Rock This Bitch started reminded me of this one from Berlin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAwuTuasGyo

Anyway, have a look around! Check out the tour page and add yourself to the attendee list for Chapel Hill if you like.  :)
"god bless both the internets"

last.fm  /  LJ