TESTERS WANTED: New tour page

• 52 Replies

Offline SinginJen

Re: TESTERS WANTED: New tour page
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 03:47:35 PM »
up until about last spring, I memorized setlists and then wrote them as soon as I got home.  surprisingly, they were usually complete save for a couple songs; though Ben's Nov '05 Boston set that I posted here was all from memory and all there. 

after I realized that people write them down, I realized how crazy memorizing 1.5-2.5 hour setlists was.  I seriously didn't once think I could just write it down.  "I'm S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T."

I promise to do my best for May's Amherst show, and I will surely post it up once Andy's fine tinkering is done!  (unless somebody beats me to it.)
too school for c...too cool for school
(too cool for school, y'all)

Offline Damian

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »
Technology is a many-splendoured thing.  I've registered my Wolverhampton attendance!

Offline Allison

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 09:10:37 PM »

after I realized that people write them down, I realized how crazy memorizing 1.5-2.5 hour setlists was.  I seriously didn't once think I could just write it down.  "I'm S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T."

DUH. That way you can get your set list autographed after you wait around. Jared said to me in November "How do you always end up with these?" Like they were the real ones or something, the real set list from the stage isn't ever correct. Well, sometimes, but rarely.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline Deano

• It'll be done when I get round to it....
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 10:11:31 AM »
Thanks for the idea! You'l be pleased to hear it's part of the grand plan, my friend! Of course, that means we're all relying on those attending to note the setlists down! I recommend either taking a scrap of paper, or using the 'drafts' facility of your mobile phone's text messaging. Only jot them down every three songs or so - cause otherwise you'll miss out on valuable Ben experience! :D

Or take a recording device and tape the gig, listen back, write down the setlist and then delete it. Obviously don't distribute it or anything though, that would be wrong.

Alternatively just memorize the solo section in the middle as he'll do all the other same songs in the same order all through the rest of the tour anyways.

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 10:15:18 AM »
Or take a recording device and tape the gig, listen back, write down the setlist and then delete it. Obviously don't distribute it or anything though, that would be wrong.

theSuburbs fully endorses (a variation of) the above method.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 02:17:23 AM »
Is the variation the one where we do distribute it, only we also charge money?

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 07:43:29 AM »
So, I'll be down the front tomorrow night going a little mad, I dare say. :) Come and play!!
Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris kills people

Offline Hanny

• (8) Laugh all you want, I got my philosophy! (8)
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 02:14:25 AM »
looks good and Euan i think its just me, u n me dad at glasgow lol
~ Make me feel tiny if it makes you feel tall but there's always someone cooler than you ~

*~ Han ~*

...smoke...

Offline Euan

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 01:37:09 PM »
Its crap, i have 2 tickets, and everyone i know has an excuse NOT to go with me.  They all think BF is sh*t.  If anyone does have a genuine interest in buying a ticket I might be selling my spare.  Standing, pm me if interested

Euan

Offline Andy

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2007, 02:48:57 PM »
OK, second stage. We have NEW FEATURES that I'd like y'all to test out.

You can see that past shows (just the UK ones for now) are now clickable, that'll take you to their setlist, and related vids/reviews/comments.

Why not go and post some? You can get youtube video IDs from the particular video URL (it's the assortment of letters/numbers/etc after the 'v=').

Let me know what you think!

http://www.thesuburbs.org.uk/tour/

~A

Offline Allison

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2007, 05:16:21 PM »
I'd test if I'd been to any of those shows, duh.

Offline Andy

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 01:03:24 AM »
What's stopping you adding videos, duh?

~A

Offline Martin

• The sky is always falling down on me
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 01:49:37 AM »
Very nice Andy - I see you've been working hard (despite what ChudleyCannons thinks). I went back and found a short review I wrote at the time and added it to the Hammersmith gig listing.

Are you going to get people to upload/post links to mp3s from the gig as well as videos, btw?

Offline Andy

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2007, 02:07:37 AM »
Thanks for that! First review, eh? You can forever claim that.

I'm still looking at ways to link recordings to gigs, as most are torrents that are not available forever (and even shows hoted on sites get taken down after a while for space/bandwidth reasons).

Thanks for the comments!

~A

Offline Allison

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:11 AM »
Duh, I'm too lazy to find those things.

Plus I'm leaving tomorrow morning. For five days. I have packing and shit to do.

I'm gonna go spend time in 90 degree weather in Phoenix, AZ. And probably wont have the internets while there. So cause havoc without me.