Ohio Weslyn, my 15th show.

• 3 Replies

Offline Brooooke

• "I'm pulling this out of my ass just for you!"
Ohio Weslyn, my 15th show.
« on: April 15, 2007, 10:56:09 AM »
Okay I never post here but Allison insisted (:  So here's my little review of my 15th show, and probably the best one I've ever been to.

Well, last nights concert was the most incredible I've ever been to, and we know I've been to lots of shows. The synth was two feet away. There was a 32 song set list, and that includes 2 full improvs (Rock this Bitch in Delaware and I'm Sick of Rocking this Bitch) and this string of 10 minutes where Ben was just talking and talking about childhood stuff, short bus benny stuff. And the retarded face he made? To die for.

Also, just like in Ann Arbor he started to do that One Down thing, and he said it was the 2nd song of the four. So while in Michigan I was thinking "What was the first one?" This time around I was close enough, so I just asked him. And he told me, and played it. Secret Life of Morgan Davis.

The venue was the nicest! We got there around noon and things went fine. The kids working there brought us coffee! Had my pillow, my blanket! We had time to go shopping a bit. But it was raining, and after about two hours of this my pillow, coat, hat, and blanket were just soaked. So we gave up and went into the lobby, and they let us stay. They were the coolest people, and that makes a big difference when the venue isn't anal.

During landed, Aneela and I have this inside joke. So he's up there singing "I thought it was my fault," and I just burst out laughing cause of this joke inside my head. And Ben just keeps on playing, but takes one hand and looks at me and kind of waves his finger? It was hilarious. I love it when Ben does something to me that makes the entire audience laugh. He also got the flower I had thrown up there for him when he came back out for the encore, and stuck it into his little middle finger toy. Heehee.

So it was a six hour drive there and back, and was it worth it? ENCOMPASSINGLY!

Offline Allison

Re: Ohio Weslyn, my 15th show.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 11:18:37 AM »
Yay. I'm a winner.

Tho. There's an entire thread for this show already. But I'll forgive you, newb.

Heh.
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

Offline whenlabratsgobad

• Sham On.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 12:10:56 PM »
Yeah, and MY thread is better.  You were closer than I was though, I was about 6-8 back from the stage in the center (my friend was standing on the metal plate covering the snake between FOH and BOH).

Offline Allison

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 03:38:48 PM »
Yeah tech terms. FOH and BOH. Yeah!

mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!