looking for two shows...

• 22 Replies

Offline elements_of_rock

looking for two shows...
« on: October 29, 2006, 06:14:48 PM »
Hi All,

I'm trying to track down the bootlegs from two shows; if you can help me out I would really appreciate it!

Oakdale 10th July 2004

Enmore Theatre Sydney Australia, 2nd April 2005

-Dale

Offline Disease

Re: looking for two shows...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 08:15:04 PM »

I was at that show. :) But I have no idea if there's a bootleg going around..

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 09:09:08 AM »
I used to have an Enmore recording, but don't anymore. I'm pretty sure one is floating around, though!

Offline Allison

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 09:24:37 AM »
I have just a few tracks of the Enmore recodring. However, I know that there are people on soulseek that have it. You might get some help at http://ben-folds-fans.livejournal.com
mel (1:10:14 AM): love ben folds or burn!

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 06:11:15 PM »
I am hoping to put up the Enmore tracks soon on my website. Meanwhile, I just put up an old BFF show from 1997.

http://community.wvu.edu/~ddc002/ :)

Offline jmhard

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 03:06:45 PM »
Hi All,

I'm trying to track down the bootlegs from two shows; if you can help me out I would really appreciate it!

Oakdale 10th July 2004

-Dale

7-10-2004 is located here:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=99313

I didn't see 4-2-2005 on any of the sites I frequent, but I do have it.  I could post it at somewhere like dimeadozen.

Offline Disease

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 10:51:01 PM »
I didn't see 4-2-2005 on any of the sites I frequent, but I do have it.  I could post it at somewhere like dimeadozen.

That'd be appreciated. :)

Offline habalushy

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 04:21:28 PM »
-----
Give me my money back
you bitch

Offline jmhard

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 04:30:18 PM »
here is BF at enmore
http://www.afn.org/~afn57628/Ben%20Folds%20Live%20@%20Enmore/

Is that mp3 good for you, or did you want it in something loseless?  I have it without any mp3 lineage if you care about that stuff.

Offline beamer

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 06:52:13 PM »
I am hoping to put up the Enmore tracks soon on my website. Meanwhile, I just put up an old BFF show from 1997.

http://community.wvu.edu/~ddc002/ :)

That link doesn't work for me .. anyone else have that problem?  Cuz I'd love to hear the show :D

Offline elements_of_rock

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 10:36:27 AM »
Thanks for posting the links guys!

Just a problem preventing me from downloading the Oakdale show... dimeadozen won't allow new accounts.

Is it available on an alternative site?

-Dale

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 10:55:37 AM »
Sorry about my website listed above. Someone found out that I had music on the school server and they took down my website. Here's the email I got:

West Virginia University Office of Information Technology and  WVU Web Services have disabled your Community account.  You have  copyrighted audio files on the account which is a violation.  There is no file sharing and you are violating copyright laws.  I have turned this over to Student Judicial Affairs and they will be contacting you.  The community website was created so that students might have a space for web pages for class or a space for some personal web pages.  This is not what it was intended for. 

So now I'm a little ticked off , especially due to the fact that these are not copyrighted shows. I doubt they will be cooperative about it though. I sent back an email stating how the music was obtained legally and how Ben Folds would love to know that his music is spreading far and wide. They've responded with nothing, of course. Now I just need to get Ben on the phone with my school as a witness to his encouragement of Internet distribution of shows.....

I know a few people got to download the shows I posted but it was short lived. Sorry.

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 12:36:05 PM »
shit dude, that sucks. :-/
too school for c...too cool for school
(too cool for school, y'all)

Offline Andy

• I went because you said you'd be there
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 05:19:04 PM »
That sucks - thanks for sharing as long as you could!

An old host gave me copyright shit for hosting live recordings. I got a letter from the taper, saying that the recordings were made in line with the taping policy, and gave t to the host.

I didn't get my webspace back, but they left me alone from a legal viewpoint. Might help if they try to break your balls over it.

~A
So smooth you can hear the beard.

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 07:15:51 PM »
Ahh, very good. I appreciate the information. Hope I don't have to go too far with the legal issues.