BENVIVOR V - SIGN UPS

• 47 Replies

Offline James H

• "Awwwwww Mummy, I don't want to be a lawyer"
BENVIVOR V - SIGN UPS
« on: June 19, 2006, 12:26:36 AM »
Roll up, roll up...Ladies and Gentlemen...I'm proud to announce...

Benvivor V!

For those that haven't heard of Benvivor, it is a BF/F related competition, in the style of Survivor, Big Brother etc, that has been doing the rounds here at the 'Burbs for some time.  It is, as Andy so eloquently put it, the Biggest Baddest Ben Folds Trivia Game on the net!

The competition is simple, with a number of rounds of three questions each for contestants to answer.  Andy and I have had our cunning hats on, and we have come up with some intriguing little conundrums that will test your knowledge off all things Ben to the max!   

And, just for added spice, there will be the opportunity to dispose of one of your fellow contestants from the game each round, with those that fail to score 3 out of 3 being put up for eviction!

The winner will be rewarded with bragging rights beyond any other imaginable together with entry to a very select club of Benvivor champions.

So - do you think you know your Benfo?  Do you think you are hard enough?  Can you take the crown away from BVIV champion Don (aka jrkeyboard)?!  And more importantly, do you want to take part in the coolest thing to happen on the web since...well, since Benvivor IV??? 

Then please sign up.  You need to be a member of the boards to take part, but those guests that are lurking are very welcome to join!  The rules are below!

I am initially going to give you all 1 week from the date of this post to get your signups in before entries close and the games commence.

Any questions, please PM Andy or me.

Good luck!

J...

PS.  Please DO NOT post on this thread other than to sign up - use the BVV gossip thread on the General board, which you can find here:

http://www.thesuburbs.org.uk/Board/index.php?topic=3483.0

The Rules

General Rules

1. Each round has 3 questions that are posted on the board on a "Benvivor Questions" thread.

2. You have 48 hours from the time of posting to get your answers in to James via PRIVATE MESSAGE only. Email answers will be accepted in case of board failure or login trouble, but this is an exception and should only be used as a last resort.

3. If you post your answers on the board or anywhere else publicly accessible, you will be disqualified and that round will be declared void.  This also applies if you go fishing for answers on another board - only YOUR Benfo will be tested and accepted!

4. If you fail to submit your answers or get zero correct, you will be out.   I will only accept your first answers - you CANNOT re-submit answers.

Voting

5. If you don't get all the questions correct, but more than one, you are still in the game... but could get voted off! This works as follows:
EVERYONE is allowed to vote for the person on probation they want eliminated. They may vote for anyone at all, providing they got fewer than 3 for the last round (and are still in the game).

If a person scores three, they have immunity and cannot be voted off.

The person who gets the most votes is removed from the game, even if they would have potentially scored 3 in the round they were removed.

6. The answers to the questions, along with the result of who got what (who is out, who is up for vote, and who has immunity) will be posted with the following round.

7. There will be a specific thread for Benvivor-related gossip to keep it under control. Please please PLEASE do NOT post anything on the questions/answers thread.

AND

8. Andy and I will be judging the rounds and our decisions are final.  We reserve the right to change our minds if we feel a manifold injustice has been done, but other than that, you have to respect our authoritaaaah.  Anyway, who heard of a lawyer who isn't fair, just and independent...;o)

And remember, each round last for 48 hours from the time the questions are posted!
"Let Elliott Smith make a rap album. Let Harry Connick Jnr make a glam rock album. Listen to music for what it is not what its wearing.  Or buy some skate shoes and write music reviews" ~ Ben

Offline Brian Golley

• Peace and harmony, man.
Re: BENVIVOR V - SIGN UPS
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 01:28:51 AM »
put me down

Offline stella

• STELLAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 02:55:34 AM »
Ooo I'm in!
Tears fall, but that don't mean nothing at all,
Just coz I said it first, yeah that's why it hurts

Offline Martino

• you get smaller while the world gets big
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 03:35:35 AM »
me wants to be in too!

Offline Sebster74

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 05:08:28 AM »
Sign me up

Offline Tagg

• Missing the War
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 05:27:57 AM »
I'm in!
'nuff said.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 06:09:49 AM »
Okey Dokey, I'll do it!

Offline Burtdaboy

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 06:57:09 AM »
Sounds like a laugh. Count me in!
...and I'm sorry Mr Jones, it's time...

Offline whenlabratsgobad

• Sham On.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 07:09:58 AM »
This sounds exciting, count me in!

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 07:55:11 AM »
sure, why not!
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline Kidney05

• woke up way too normal
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 08:10:34 AM »
i'm in!
nobody deserves posts on their myspace site asking if they stabbed basketballs.

DrAlexHaleIII

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 09:14:08 AM »
I'm in fersure.

Offline general_apathy (Chloe)

• now here it is, your moment of zen
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 12:24:19 PM »
i'm gonna get my  :o ass :o kicked
My new philosophy is that a crappy tape deck somewhere plays a greatest hits collection of strange and tender moments, lost, stranded, and forgotten. I'll meet you there.

Offline SinginJen

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 01:31:41 PM »

oh my god i'm going to lose so badly
but i need to be a part of the madness!

:)
too school for c...too cool for school
(too cool for school, y'all)

Offline SexTypeNeil

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 03:05:58 PM »
i'm in